Oh Tracey, Tracey on you here, or anyone else...

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
who knows about coloring:

I colored my hair Wednesday with Tune and Texture in Coco Brown because I wanted to lighten my hair but not a whole lot, but it didn't lighten as much as I wanted. When can I color again, plus it seems like I missed some spots so next time I will get someone to help me. When can I try again?

In two weeks....try the Bronze and watch the color progression as you go so you can rinse before it goes too light. Protein your haur up between now and then and make sure you def extend that relaxer to 4 weeks after the next color.

Good Luck.

You could also try the light brown...I forget the name. But it mayn't go light enough still. I fear you may have even darkened it a little when you did the Cocoa....

That's a mid to deep neutral brown.

[ QUOTE ]
Raquel said:
who knows about coloring:

I colored my hair Wednesday with Tune and Texture in Coco Brown because I wanted to lighten my hair but not a whole lot, but it didn't lighten as much as I wanted. When can I color again, plus it seems like I missed some spots so next time I will get someone to help me. When can I try again?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this same problem. I put a semi-permanent color in my hair to see what the color would look like. After being treated, there was no change at all. So I called one of my friends who had a friend who was a licensed beautician. And she said i could recolor it with a permanent color. I was surprised. So I went out and bought Loreal Feria brown color and treated my hair that same night. I was scared but everything was ok! It still doesnt look as light as I wanted it but Im content. It shows when in the light. And it didnt mess up my hair at all. I just noticed it dries quicker than it did before.

[ QUOTE ]
Tai said:
Jessica,
What color Feria did you use?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was Loreal Feria golden brown I think. It turned out a dark cherry color on my black hair. I can see a brown tint in the light but my hair still looks like its not color-treated.

The semi-permanent color was called Clairol Beautiful Collection and I had the light reddish brown color and it didnt work at all in my hair.

Thanks everyone, this morning it did look lighter so I may just wait until after my next relaxer touch up and then try again. My hair is finally staying on my hair and more than anything else I want healty hair.

Back