Oh what should I do?

teenie

Ok, I was all set to do my Soft & Beautiful relaxer but after talkn to everyone I'm not so excited about it anymore...I cant quickly get a Phyto but I can get a Mizani on the corner...

Oh what should I do? Use the Soft&Beautiful I have, get the Mizani or wait on a Phyto?

Tru_Mind

I wouldn't use Mizani either. My cousin is growing her relaxer out because of Mizani. She's a 3 too. Her hair was waist length and now it barely touches her shoulders. Her hair feels like a brillo now.

Some people love Mizani and some people don't.

I know....sorry, but I think that you should wait for Phyto.

Last edited:

brownsugarflyygirl

Wait...you have been natural for years now so waiting a week or two should not be a challenge....Even if you just want to get it over with...it will be better in the long run to do it the wrong way...especially with such a major change

KhandiB

I would try Affirm b4 Mizani, I know u didnt ask that :lol: but just wanted to let you now :lol:

I think you should wait on Phyto, you'll be glad you did. In the meantime you can be preparing your hair for the chemical process so you get the best results.

teenie

KhandiB said:
I would try Affirm b4 Mizani, I know u didnt ask that :lol: but just wanted to let you now :lol:

I tried Affirm before many years ago and it had my scalp burnin (when she sprayed the hair spray on) and my hair was to straight, flat, and limp for me

teenie

brownsugarflyygirl said:
Wait...you have been natural for years now so waiting a week or two should not be a challenge....Even if you just want to get it over with...it will be better in the long run to do it the wrong way...especially with such a major change

I know thats what I keep telling myself but for some reason I just want to get it over but your right....I need to just relax, order my phyto and forget about it til it comes.

teenie

Ok, I was convinced, Thank you ladies....I just went out and got my phyto from a local store....I'm about to go read these instructions and put it in.....why am I so nervous all the sudden?

NewYorkgyrl

I believe the Phyto will do the best job. Before I decided to transition I was going to give this relaxer a try. Good luck!

hopeful

teenie said:
Ok, I was convinced, Thank you ladies....I just went out and got my phyto from a local store....I'm about to go read these instructions and put it in.....why am I so nervous all the sudden?

If you are having second thoughts, put it off another week or so. Whatever you do I wish you the best. Please let us know how it turns out if you do it today.

santia

My current relaxer is from Soft & Beautiful, it's the botanical one no lye. I do have to say that I love it. My scalp didn't burn and my hair came out nice, silky and moisturized after. Similar to when I used Elasta QP.

I was natural for a year as well so I didn't want something so hardcore yet.

Good luck with your relaxer, I can't wait to see the gorgeous results :grin:

punchinella

OT Teenie your hair is beautiful!
I hope you like your phyto, but if you dont you can always go back to natural and your hair would look great!