Oil/Grease for Dry Dry Scalp....Help!

starfish

I'm on an acne medication for the next 6 months called Accutane and one of the side effects is extremely dry skin. (I have dried out crack lips!) I washed & conditioned my hair this morning and put it in a wet bun. While at work, I noticed dry scalp flakes on my side part 2 hours after I washed it. Yikes! I need some suggestions on what kind of oil or grease to use to on my scalp. JBCO? Jojoba? this is a new process that I"ll need to continue while on this medication. I don't care if my hair gets greezy, my main concern is to not have it thin or fall out while I'm on the acne med.

Background:
My scalp is normally not dry at all. I wash my hair once a week, deep condition it once a week, and I do a conditioner wash every day because I sweat in my hair with my daily workouts. I don't use heat on my hair, I usually wear it up in a wet bun. (and my Pibbs just sits in my closet feeling sad & rejected.....) I use Lush and Aubrey products, a little Lacio Lacio and NTM, and seal my ends with JBCO.

Thanks for your help!

RZILYNT

I'm on an acne medication for the next 6 months called Accutane and one of the side effects is extremely dry skin. (I have dried out crack lips!) I washed & conditioned my hair this morning and put it in a wet bun. While at work, I noticed dry scalp flakes on my side part 2 hours after I washed it. Yikes! I need some suggestions on what kind of oil or grease to use to on my scalp. JBCO? Jojoba? this is a new process that I"ll need to continue while on this medication. I don't care if my hair gets greezy, my main concern is to not have it thin or fall out while I'm on the acne med.

Background:
My scalp is normally not dry at all. I wash my hair once a week, deep condition it once a week, and I do a conditioner wash every day because I sweat in my hair with my daily workouts. I don't use heat on my hair, I usually wear it up in a wet bun. (and my Pibbs just sits in my closet feeling sad & rejected.....) I use Lush and Aubrey products, a little Lacio Lacio and NTM, and seal my ends with JBCO.

Thanks for your help!

There are many products out there that you can use. I have read that Jojoba oil is the closest thing to the natural sebum that one would secrete on a normal scalp. It is not very expensive and you could surely try it.

I am sure that there other ideas out there and others will chime in.

RZ~