Oil sheen cans

soslychic

Is oil sheen just oil put in a can that sprays a mist instead of like a spritz bottle? I wanted to put like a fragrance monoi oil in one of those bottles for sheen and fragrance at the end of my styles. Would that work? Or are there added ingredients in oil sheen that make it work properly?

MSCHICHI

Are you talking about the standard oil sheen in those metal cans?

You don't want to try to open those, as they are under pressure and would likely explode if you did.

I actually thought about making my own oil sheen as well, after watching a cooking show. Martha Stewart was using a Misto, in which she put her own flavored oils in, and out came a fine mist of oil. If I am not mistaken, there is some type of pumping mechanism in it, that allows the oil to be pressurized.

There are a several versions out there of what the Misto is, an oil sprayer. I figured I could try to make my own oil sheen, and have full control of the ingredients I put in it, especially since so many are loaded with mineral oil.

Do a key word search on the internet, and you should be able to find one. That way, you could probably make your own oil sheen.

The only thing I wonder about, is whether or not the heavier oils such as castor, coconut, and others, will be able to spray easily out of the Misto.

Good luck. I will probably give it a try myself one day.

Allandra

When I used oil sheen (which was a LONG time ago), I always got plenty of sheen and a nice fragrance from it. Which oil sheen are you referring to in particular? Are you looking for extra sheen in an oil sheen?

soulchild

Whenever I look at the oil sheen ingredients I notice mineral oil in most and isobutane which I'm not sure about but it sounds flammable lol. I think it's an alcohol.

soslychic

Thanks guys. And thank MSCHICHI, I'm gonna do a search right nw.
You all are right you cannot open those cans. For some reason, I thought that the one I had had a screw on top. I just looked at it again. Wrong! Lol. No Allandra, I wasn't looking for extra sheen, I just wanted to try some of these fragranced monoi oils (http://www.tahiti-iti.com/monoi_oils.htm) and I don't know of them already coming in a sheen can, (Please somebody let me know if that exists). Plus I wanted to know that there were no added ingredients. Thanks for the responses!