Oil sheen - what does it do for you?

Glib Gurl

I am on my way out this morning and I'm wearing curls leftover from yesterday. (After a few days of tight rollersets, I can maintain a curl for at least one day without rolling the hair.) The hair looked a little dry but I didn't want to run my fingers through it because I thought I would lose some of the curl. So, I grabbed some Olive Oil Sheen spray that's been sitting on my dresser forever . . . .

Just wondering if anyone here uses oil sheen and what it does for you?

Thanks!

ItsyBitsy

Hi Glib!
I started a thread a couple of weeks ago about Mizani Shyne. I hadn't used an oil sheen in ages but I decided to use this. I sprayed a lite mist on my hair after removing my rollers, I wrapped my hair for the night. Well, the next day my hair felt great, light, bouncy, & shiny. Almost the same as when I use a serum. I asked if it offered any benefit besides shine...I didn't get to much feedback from the thread, but someone said it does not moisturize the hair.
I noticed on the can it said it can be used as a "conditioning headress", I am still curious to what that means :ohwell:

Finesse

I use oil sheen every night before I wrap or tie up my hair. I also use it the morning when I style for the day. I shampoo once a week and oil my scalp and hair with grease:sekret: then. Oil sheen gives my hair that pick me up without weighing it down where it looks greasy. I usually use Revlon Finisheen or Motions. I have used oil sheen for so long if I run out, and don't have it my hair gets upset :rofl: It is one of my staples.

Peaches75

I heard also it is just for shine not moisture and the kind I have is profective and I like this one it makes my hair feel better than the ones I used in the past.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
When I start back rollersetting my hair, I plan on maybe using oil sheen to add some sheen to it in the a.m. I like the ORS Olive Oil Sheen.

Glib Gurl

When I start back rollersetting my hair, I plan on maybe using oil sheen to add some sheen to it in the a.m. I like the ORS Olive Oil Sheen.

That's what I used this morning.

So, it's basically for shine, not moisturizing/conditioning - got it. Thanks!

Glib Gurl

Hi Glib!
I started a thread a couple of weeks ago about Mizani Shyne. I hadn't used an oil sheen in ages but I decided to use this. I sprayed a lite mist on my hair after removing my rollers, I wrapped my hair for the night. Well, the next day my hair felt great, light, bouncy, & shiny. Almost the same as when I use a serum. I asked if it offered any benefit besides shine...I didn't get to much feedback from the thread, but someone said it does not moisturize the hair.
I noticed on the can it said it can be used as a "conditioning headress", I am still curious to what that means :ohwell:

And serum only is for shine as well, right? (Yes, even though I have 2,000+ posts I'm still a hair newbie ;))

mw138

I use ORS Oil Sheen at night when I wrap or pincurl my hair. Then in the morning I spray a small amount just to give me some extra shine. I make sure that I don't use too much because I don't want to risk the sheen weighing my hair down. The oil sheen makes my hair look like glass. It also hasn't been drying at all. I also use KeraCare creme hairdress, so that's most likely giving my hair its daily moisture.

itismehmmkay

Recently, I used it for my air-dried rollersets to try and help prevent them from blowing away into the humid air
It....kinda helped...:ohwell:

Princess Pie

I used to use oil sheen (back in high school) to make combing easier. It kinda helped the comb glide through minor tangles. It also gives a little shine, but I don't like using aerosol cans.

InnerSoul

I currently do not use oil sheen...but when I used to go to the hairdresser...my stylist would use it to soothe the burning on my scalp in order for the relaxer to have more time to straighten.

Alpha Female

I use Profectiv MegaGrowth Growth Sheen. It has oils, proteins, moisturizers, etc. I use it to give shine & moisture (without weighing my hair down) and ease the comb-out (I do use a comb once in the morning & once in the evening - hate just finger-combing). The Growth Sheen helps the comb (a Jilbere shower comb) glide through my hair with little to no breakage. I've tried several products over the last few months, and Profectiv MegaGrowth Lotion and Sheen are going to be staples!