Ok, Help Me .. The Strength of

KhandiB

These Protiens I have sitting around here..

Motions CPR
Elasta QP DPR-11
Aphogee Keratin Reconstructor
Ultra Sheen DuoTex - I know this is Medium
ION Reconstructor Treatment

I noticed my hair has been snapping and I need to nip this crap in the bud right now... :lol:

TIA!

Well, I'm a believer in motions CPR--it has kept my hair on my head faithfully for almost two years now. However, when I'm in a crisis like the one you described (was there in january), I break out the serious protein til the breakage stops. I use Aphogee treatment for damaged hair followed by a moisturizing conditioner (whatever I have on hand). Mid week, I'd do a CW with CPR (also like ORS hair mayo). I kept repeating the Aphogee weekly, yes weekly, until the breakage stopped--this only took two treatments. After that I return to my regular protein treatments weekly, like CPR or ORS mayo (I think they're about equal) with CW's in between if I'm still feeling insecure.

In january my hair started snapping so much (bought new 1875 watt dryer) and this regimen stopped the breakage before it got out of hand. Now I try to aphogee about every 4-6 weeks and I use my hair mayo (or CPR) weekly. I haven't had a problem since. I know you're probably trying to avoid buying another product, but if your hair really is starting to break, I would advise starting with Aphogee treatment for damaged hair. If you've never used it before, follow the directions and follow with a good moisturizing treatment. Good luck--keep that pretty hair healthy.

Last edited:
I would say that of the ones you've listed,
the Elasta DPR-11 has the least protein in it.

CPR and the Aphogee reconstructor (I'm guessing this is the 2 minutes reconstructor) are probably medium. I wouldn't use them an more often than 1X a week... and even that may be too much.

I'm not really familiar with the other products. If your hair feels dry and brittle... I would suggest backing off of conditioners with protein period until you restore your moisture levels. Hair breakage can occur from either too much or too little protein.

The one protein conditioner that I do like that doesn't seem to overload the hair with too much protein is Aubrey GPB. Another good reconstructor that you can use weekly and leaves the hair pretty moist is Affirm 5n1 reconstructor.

Yeah, the DPR-11 is a moisturizing cond.

I agree with what ThursdayGirl said though. Maybe you need some moisture.

TO be honest I put it on a lack of protien cuz I dont do them much at all, maybe every other / 3 weeks... and my hair is pretty moisturized.. all the trouble is mainly in the front of my hair. I use good Moisturizing Poo (CON) and Conditioner (Humectress & Garnier) as well as my Mango Butter and Kemi Oyl, my hair looks great, is soft and shiny, its just weak, all of a sudden... I just noticed as of late that if I pull my hair it just :cry: feels like it snaps...

Back