OK, please...how to texturize

xandra

I really am hoping to learn or get some extra advice on texturizing. I am contemplating having my hair texturized. I am 3c/4a and I want curls like "Scary spice" or "Mona" from half and half...I've gotten some really great starting tips from two nice ladies on this board, but before I mess up, I wondered if anyone else can chime in. My plan is to use phytorelaxer index 2. Does anyone think I should just be using the index 1? What signs should I be looking for that will signal that the curl look that I want has been achieved versus looking like I have achieved it (with perm still in), only to wash and find that I'm under processed (that is bushy)?
Thanks for any help. I wouldn't be in this quandry if my trusted hairdresser didn't just pack up and leave the state! It's just me now

DahomeyAhosi

I'd suggest doing a strand test with a mild relaxer like phyto. Timing is really important when texturizing and remember it's best to underprocess because if it gets to straight there's no going tback but you can always go over the same area again.

Rainy101

Hey check out this website called..

www.jazma.com

This stylist has what she calls a Wash and Wear Relaxer which is suppose to give your hair a curly look..also she says she has a line of styling products that should help your hair maintain its curl without being greasy..she also has some really valuable info on her website about hair breakage. I emailed her a long time ago when my hair was breaking and she emailed me back...

I want my hair to be curly too, My older sis told me not buy a comb thru texturizer she said it took her hair out...but since my sis does so much stuff to her hair..I didnt know if she was a reliable source..

But since she said that..I was too scared to put it in anyway..

Rainy101

Okay how about I just went to the Jazma website...and viewed a clip of their on line video...be patient the video takes a while to down load but i just sat through and waited..and yall let me tell you..those girls hair is "Da Bomb" some girls have pretty curts some have OK curls..

They were showing the versitality of the "Wash and Wear Relaxer" how you can wear it curly and straight..those models hair looked good..I don't know how effective it is long term..Plus the video is $99.95..Now Asha (the owner) must be crazy..

All I watched was the video clip..