okay...I have a new take on Extra Liso

nychaelasymone

(the combing cream and conditioner)

I used this product on Friday with lovely results but yesterday my hair was so blah...it just felt weighted & coated. I take back my raves and hoo-rahs cause I don't like washing my hair but once a week. I didn't have this feeling Friday and through the weekend but I know this product has heavy cones in it and probably aided in my need to wash again last night.....so I take back my Extra Liso....I'll glady sell it to n e one who wants it and throw in the deep conditioner for free

I typically spray my hair w/ a little pantene no breakage leave-in daily and a little kemi oyl & either wrap my hair or roll it at night & go. Well, I decided to go back to my old routine and I think I'm stickin' with it....

I do want to thank the person who commented on the aloe rid shampoo by nexxus. I did have the treatment and not the poo but I used it in conjunction w/ IC's Tea Tree clairifying poo with lovely results.

I'm back w/ Nexxus and I think I'll stay there. I used the Therape Poo and I usally mix Keraphix with Humectress and baggie and sit under the dryer for 15 minutes. Use a little nexxus headress leave-in, spary of nexxus heat protectant and style. Today I have my hair back :D ...nice curls with lots of body. I'm 6 weeks post relaxer...trying my first 8-10 week strech....so far so good. My edges and kitchen are screaming for attention buttera...I can hide them right now.

Oh and btw....I used the Mizani night-time treatment for the first time last night and I really like it......thanks again to whoever suggested that. I'm really trying to curve & or deter breakage and shedding during my stretch and so far so good.

Last edited:

HoneyDew

I have never used the Extra Liso, but i thinkit is the same all the Smoothing Comb in treatment, which I used.

You are right it does weigh your hair down more. I think, for me, it aids in my hair airdrying more softly, but it does seem to weigh my hair down more. Oh well just more PROS and CONS.

I prefer that my airdrys are soft but I do want more body. I just have to use it in moderation.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

This is one of those reminder that if it ain't broke don't try to fix it. Good to see your old routine is working for you and Nexxus products.
Just a thought, but maybe it weights the hair down to help it stay straight longer or something, because isn't this one suppose to make the hair extra straight?

nychaelasymone

BeautifulWideEyes said:
This is one of those reminder that if it ain't broke don't try to fix it. Good to see your old routine is working for you and Nexxus products.
Just a thought, but maybe it weights the hair down to help it stay straight longer or something, because isn't this one suppose to make the hair extra straight?

yes. It does aid in helping your hair straighten but your hair loses body.

Tee

This is why I am not quick to give a review on a product until I have used it for a minute. One try is never enought (IMO) to tell if my hair really loves it.

Glad you are back to what works for you.

Ms_Twana

nychaelasymone said:
.......but yesterday my hair was so blah...it just felt weighted & coated.

.... I know this product has heavy cones in it and probably aided in my need to wash again last night

I'm back w/ Nexxus and I think I'll stay there.

My hair did the same thing w/ Extra Liso. And my hair ALWAYS has body. It's also starting to look very dull. Whereas, it always had shine. I used Nexxus primarily as well, before joining the group. But since joining, I felt the NEED to try every product that was raved about. And unfortunately, all those products have cones. So, I'm beginning to get the hint that my hair is giving me. "Keep those D@#$ cones away from me." :lachen: So, back to Nexxus I go as well. :D

Qetesh

i would like to try this stuff, my hair is natural so it probably will have a different effect on me and i dont mind losing some of my body,if that means it cuts down on the frizz.

i checked at my walmart and they didnt have it so i am still on the search.

nychaelasymone

:D
Ms_Twana said:
My hair did the same thing w/ Extra Liso. And my hair ALWAYS has body. It's also starting to look very dull. Whereas, it always had shine. I used Nexxus primarily as well, before joining the group. But since joining, I felt the NEED to try every product that was raved about. And unfortunately, all those products have cones. So, I'm beginning to get the hint that my hair is giving me. "Keep those D@#$ cones away from me." :lachen: So, back to Nexxus I go as well. :D

high five chica!!!! Nexxus for me is soooo gentle yet nourishing. I need a little protein so my keraphix/humectress mix is bomb for my hair....today I got compliments on my hair...I'm lovin' how full it is....but lawd knows I need a touch-up....:D

OH and btw...this board turned me into a product junkie....I think I'm gonna have a sale soon. I have two cabinets full of products I don't use....most of them new or used once.

Last edited:

nychaelasymone

Qetesh said:
i would like to try this stuff, my hair is natural so it probably will have a different effect on me and i dont mind losing some of my body,if that means it cuts down on the frizz.

PM me I'll mail you mine....

Ms_Twana

nychaelasymone said:
:D
OH and btw...this board turned me into a product junkie....I think I'm gonna have a sale soon. I have two cabinets full of products I don't use....most of them new or used once.

Definite PJ after joining. And I having a sale now!!!!:grin:

Ms_Twana

It's Pantene Extra Liso (Extra Straight) combing creme. I got mines from Target. I didn't see it at my Walmart. But I believe other people got theirs from Walmart.

krissyprissy

I like this stuff on my new growth only. I part my hair in sections and apply.
This stuff make my new growth more manageable when stretching relaxers.

amina kamal

I bought mine at Target for around 3.00 plus tax. I am not really that impressed with it. I tried Elucence last night and although I dont think that I would use it as a leave in, it left my hair very moisturized and I actually didnt really need a leave in after conditioning with it.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Galleta said:
It makes my new growth curlier.

:eek: I was afraid to post it because I thought it was just my own hair doing this. I am happy because I brought 2 bottles of the liso and it just makes my hair curly, like the pantene hydtating curls. Good thing i have a use for it with my wash n gos.

CutiePie0Five

Damn, I went out and bought me some the other day...but it's not the combing creme, it's the Intensive Treatment. Anyone ever try it? I hope it's different cuz I don't wanna have another product that I don't use. Plus, I don't think I'd really mind losing some body cuz my new growth has my hair sitting 2 feet off my head lol!

I was planning on using it this weekend when I wash my hair, so if someone who's used it could get back to me, that'd be great!

carcajada

CutiePie0Five said:
Damn, I went out and bought me some the other day...but it's not the combing creme, it's the Intensive Treatment. Anyone ever try it?

I have it. I used two jars before I figured out what was going on. When I put it on and wash it out, my hair feels straighter. As my hair dries, it goes back to what it was before the treatment. :ohwell: My hair sucked it up, poofed back out, and laughed at the intensive treatment.

Nice & Wavy

Qetesh said:

My hair is natural and I loved this stuff. It didn't weigh my hair down at all. Also, I have very fine hair and I had lots of body. Maybe it does work better for natural hair. Anyone else with natural hair try it? How did it work for you?

Qetesh

I bought some and the first time I used a small amount on a braid out it turned out OK nothing spectacular.

The second time I used a bit more on a roller set and my hair came out filmy and clumpy. L not a good result.
I am still contemplating weather to give this another try, it did make my hands soft and I am seriously thinking of using this on my feet.