Okay Philly chicks, who bought all the curl formers?!?!?!

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
There's only one place in Philly that has the curlformers, Sally's on Cottman and the Blvd. I got there today to get the long narrow ones and there was only 2 packs left and 1 of the packs were open with 1 missing:perplexed Sooo, I got the opened pack with a discount from the store manager and the 1 unopened pack. I also bought 4 packs of the long wide ones. I will be doing my hair tonight and I'll post pics tomorrow. Thanks to the ladies who posted pics and did reviews of curl formers... wish me luck!:yep:

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
LOL I am mad that one was missing! LOL Somebody stole it so they can try it out! :look:
I know right!! I was like WTH!!! the manager wasn't even suprised:grin: Well, they come 8 to a pack... least I got 7 with a discount:look:, the pack is normally 10.99, I paid $8.

tricie

You're not alone; "we" are buying them up in Texas, too. I went to get some long and wides and they were all gone. They had all the other ones, though. It was a better bargain for me to just buy the whole box!

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I was planning to go to that sally's to see if they had them tomorrow:perplexed!
They do still have some, I have to be honest though, I bought up all (I may have left 1 pack) of the long and wide and I bought the last 2 long and narrow. They still had like 8 packs of long and extra wide and they also ran out of starter kits before I got there too.

How about the lady actually said to me that there's some website raving about them and ladies have been coming in buying them up. My first thought was "LHCF!! Darnit!":grin: Anyway, they said that they'd put in a double order since so many people are buying them and because they're the only Sally's in Philly selling them. The order should be there Tuesday. You can them on Tuesday to see if they have them, just to save yourself a trip. The number is 215-342-7471.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
You're not alone; "we" are buying them up in Texas, too. I went to get some long and wides and they were all gone. They had all the other ones, though. It was a better bargain for me to just buy the whole box!
The long and wides come out SO cute!! I wanted to try some to see how they would come out. I put in 4 rollers in the front of my head and went to sleep- I didn't feel like doing the curls wet or sitting under the drier, so I just did them dry. This morning when I took the rollers out, the curls came out so beautiful. You know what? When I do my whole head, I think I will do them all dry instead of a wetset. I don't know if I want to be pulling my wet hair through that little sleeve like that... :look:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
They do still have some, I have to be honest though, I bought up all (I may have left 1 pack) of the long and wide and I bought the last 2 long and narrow. They still had like 8 packs of long and extra wide and they also ran out of starter kits before I got there too.

How about the lady actually said to me that there's some website raving about them and ladies have been coming in buying them up. My first thought was "LHCF!! Darnit!":grin: Anyway, they said that they'd put in a double order since so many people are buying them and because they're the only Sally's in Philly selling them. The order should be there Tuesday. You can them on Tuesday to see if they have them, just to save yourself a trip. The number is 215-342-7471.

Oh you know it was LHCF :lol: I am mad that they are the only ones selling them...there is a Sally's near me on 69th Street and I was about to try there until I read your post. :ohwell:

Allandra

There's only one place in Philly that has the curlformers, Sally's on Cottman and the Blvd. I got there today to get the long narrow ones and there was only 2 packs left and 1 of the packs were open with 1 missing:perplexed Sooo, I got the opened pack with a discount from the store manager and the 1 unopened pack. I also bought 4 packs of the long wide ones. I will be doing my hair tonight and I'll post pics tomorrow. Thanks to the ladies who posted pics and did reviews of curl formers... wish me luck!:yep:
Damn, that's messed up. Probably was a member here (which is even more messed up). :nono:

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Oh you know it was LHCF :lol: I am mad that they are the only ones selling them...there is a Sally's near me on 69th Street and I was about to try there until I read your post. :ohwell:
Yeah, on the site, they have a list of which Sally's sells them, here's the ones in PA- I didn't want to drive to South Philly to get them, so Cottman ave was my only choice. I'm sorry I said that that's the only place.There's a wopping 2 whole places that sells them in Philly, I forgot about the S.Philly store :

677 COTTMAN PLAZA S/C
2118 COTTMAN AVE. SUITE 4
PHILADELPHIA
PA 19149 2153427471

721 WHITMAN PLAZA
330 OREGON AVE
PHILADELPHIA
PA19148 2154627911

Here's the site: http://www.curlformers.com/cfsbsoct07.doc

queen_t

I hope they got the darn stick/rod thing TOO cause if not they gone be up Sh&T creek !!!!!

Ya know!!! LOL :lachen:. I guess no one likes them but me, in my neighborhood!
I have three sets now.

Long & Narrow
Extra Long & Wide
Long & Extra Wide

Damn shame, I know....:spinning:

treybaby2005

Thanks!:grin:

noemi

The pack of EL&W I purchased yesterday was taped along the side. The store manager said she caught someone trying to steal aome curlformers and taped up the package where it was opened. All 6 was in the pack though. Still paid full price:wallbashs

Last edited:

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
You're welcome! I had to go up there again today to take back a nail dryer that didn't work. They still have the long and extra wide. The manager said they'd have their shipment tomorrow!!:yep: I'm gonna go back tomorrow and get more long and narrow.:spinning:

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
The pack of EL&W I purchased yesterday was taped along the side. The store manager said she caught someone trying to steal aome curlformers and taped up the package where it was opened. All 6 was in the pack though. Still paid full price:wallbashs
Yeah, she offered a dollar off at first, but I'm a hustler, so I had to negotiate that:grin: Then I also got the Sally's Discount card, so each pack was 9.99 anyway:yep: The discount card is VERY worth the $5 ladies (if you plan to come back and shop, that is-it lasts for a year)!!

dandreiablue

I bought the curl formers over a year ago! They are still sitting in my closet because I couldnt figure out how to pull my hair through...it was odd. I will have to try again, because I remember how excited I was when I first read about them!

Rei

haha i got my curlformers from there too. they only had short and wide. I really want the long and skinny because it comes out more of a curly afro because of the diameter of hte curls take up all my length :C