Okay thats it!! I NEED some growth YALL!!!!

DaughterOfZion1

Hey Guys,

I need my hair to grow lol. I mean It grows slow and I NEED a growth aide. This is getting ridiculous! lol Been natural for 3 years and only 1.5-2 inches past neck length.

I have tried MegaTek...didnt work...Tried Moe's Growth Oil...didnt work...I got Sulu Max..but the smell is too much...im scared my suite mates will run away from me lol it makes EVERYWHERE smell like bacon.

I tried MN but i wasnt very consistent (I made a serious concoction with moisturizer, oil, etc, maybe I should make a more basic mixture?)

I tried BT a long time ago, but I don't know if it worked.

I moisturize, deep condition, etc.

Has anyone used a combo of items, or made a concotion that worked?

Has anyone made a sulfur based oil with lots of sulfur that worked?

Thanks ladies!!!:grin:

Consistancy is key no matter what growth aid you choose. That being said...what are your styling practises? Do you wear your hair out or down as opposed to protective styling? Are you addicted to scissors? How often do you moisturize, DC etc? What do you use to moisturize & DC?

Consistancy is key no matter what growth aid you choose. That being said...what are your styling practises? Do you wear your hair out or down as opposed to protective styling? Are you addicted to scissors? How often do you moisturize, DC etc? What do you use to moisturize & DC?

Cosign. You are getting growth but what you need is length retention. Please share with us your current regimen so we can help.

I use BT + MN and it has worked wonders for me. I use it consistently though so that's the key. Try this:
Work out 3-4 x a week
Use BT & MN or whatever growth aid you choose
Drink 64oz of water a day
Eat clean drink protein shakes
Massage scalp
Stay consistent I am sure you will see a huge improvement It starts from with in. You may also want to start a challenge for slow growers in order to stay consistent and get more ideas from others.
HTH

discodumpling

I actually believe my growth rate is slow. Granted I do have some issues with breakage, I have pretty healthy hair practices. I have been protective styling for the past 6 months, and just had my hair out for the first time yesterday. During that time, i was in weaves and wigs, so my hair was not being manipulated. I do have moisture issues from time to time, but even in the protective styles, I would look at my roots and see that they hadn't grown much.

I run from scissors lol

And i dont moisturize that much when in protective styles which I'm sure is not good.

I use BT + MN and it has worked wonders for me. I use it consistently though so that's the key. Try this:
Work out 3-4 x a week
Massage scalp
Stay consistent I am sure you will see a huge improvement It starts from with in. You may also want to start a challenge for slow growers in order to stay consistent and get more ideas from others.
HTH

Thank you so much for this hair4romheaven! I am going to try this and really stay consistant. I think my problem is really consistancy lol

How do you use the BT & MN and how much do you use it?

What kind of protein shakes do you take? I do want to start taking a health shake so that would be great!

When you massage your scalp, do you massage with anything?

Also, My hair breaks really easily. Maybe I need a protein spray. I will run my hands through it and it just breaks!!

Work out 3-4 x a week
Massage scalp
HTH

Agree with all and take a multi-vitamin. Doesn't matter what you choose, although I swear by GNC Women's Ultra Mega. Make sure you buy the one with Iron. Hair grows from within, so if you are missing key minerals and vitamins in your diet, your body is not going to splurge these essentials on a "non-essential" organ like hair.

Thank you so much for this hair4romheaven! I am going to try this and really stay consistant. I think my problem is really consistancy lol

How do you use the BT & MN and how much do you use it?
I have a mix of oils. Lavendar, thyme, cedarwood, rosemary, jojoba and grapeseed. I posted an article on why i use these oils. at the bottom of this page. I boil water add oils to hard glass cup let oils warm. then add BT and a little MN + JBCO I buy the 3 tube box a tube last me a week and a half. I see a great improvement in my hair. I stay cornrowed under a wig. I do the above 3-4 x a week. I moisturize daily w/taaliah waajid moisturizer.

What kind of protein shakes do you take? I do want to start taking a health shake so that would be great!
I mix soy milk, chocolate whey protein, raw wheat germ, wheat germ oil, omega 369 oil. I drink 8oz b4 workout and 8oz after. 4x a week

When you massage your scalp, do you massage with anything?
I use my fingers and I do it when i apply my growth aid. My scalp feels so warm and tingly.
Also, My hair breaks really easily. Maybe I need a protein spray. I will run my hands through it and it just breaks!!
i wouldn't suggest protein i say try the one i mentioned.
http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/herbsvitaminsek/a/Alopecia.htm
My regi while wearing wigs
the above growth aid & cornrow hair for 4 weeks at a time. co wash 1 or 2x a week w/ biotin conditioner or V05. DC 1x a week with QH cholesterol, jherri rhedding protein, and 1 oil (JBCO or COCo nut oil, EVOO) once a month DRC 28 followed by moisture DC that is when I take the braids down however I treat the hair while still in cornrows when 80% dry I take braids out 1 by one spray the above mentioned moist & a little CHI silk infusions and blow dry W/hot sock 6'"from hair using your fingers to detangle and pull hair downwards to get NG a little straight. It takes for ever but I get minimal breakage at 6mnth post just a nickel size ball. Then braid back up in different direction. this has worked for wonders for me I retained 3.5" in 6mnths. I am now working on my edges :drunk:

just a question ladies, what i bt? i´m currently using moe grow, first week no results yet, but i wanna have options if that does not work

I would suggest dealing with your breakage issues and try to moisturize more. Also if you see splits or whatnot trim them off. If you feel your hair damage trim off the damage ends.Finding a good protein/moisture balance is keep as well as knowing if you're sensitive to moisture or not.

If its slow GROWTH, i suggest vits/supplements. Do some research 4 which u may wanna pick cuz there's SOOO many, but a basic hair, skin, and nails vit should do it. Maybe u can look into biotin, msm(like internal sulfur), and spirulina. I don't trust topical solutions much, JMO, but if you find one that works for you, do topical AND internal supplement then your growth should definitely reach its optimum rate

Back