Okay, which one is more accurate- stretching or straightening?

B

Bublnbrnsuga

I've mentioned this before,but I need more understanding. Take a look of both of my pics. If you notice, the stretched pic looks a bit longer than the straightened pic. Now I know the straightened pic looks to have some bumps at the end, but use your imagination and stretch my hair in my straightened pic. Someone mentioned to me yesterday that stretching for natural hair provides a better measurement of how long the hair really is, vs straightening. She said that when natural hair is straightened, it still has a bit more elasticity, making it seem shorter What do you all think?
creepingtowardsbrastrap-th.jpg
2004_1122growth0019-th.jpg

Stretching is more accurate, but I prefer measuring my hair when it is straight. The reality is, when wearing my hair out, I won't be able to stretch it lol. So in essence, when my hair is straight, that is how long it will look to everyone else including myself when I take a mirror to it.

I think she's right when you stretch your hair you pull it as far as it can go. When you straighten it, it starts to shrink back up immediately.

I think stretching would be more accurate since when "straightening" the hair you could still have some wave at the root. You have beautiful hair! I can't wait until mine reaches that length completely natural!

Okie dokie, thanks ladies. I took another pic recently and my hair is below brastrap:shocked: It hasn't even been 3 years yet!

Back