Olive Oil vs. Sweet Almond Oil

Nameless

I normally use Olive Oil to seal in my moisturiser and I love it. A few weeks ago I bought Sweet Almond Oil because I just did and it's just been sitting on my desk doing nothing. Now my Olive Oil is finishing and I don't know if I should buy a new bottle of it or if I should start using the Sweet Almond Oil.
I'd like some feedback from users of Sweet Almond Oil or people who have used both Olive Oil and Sweet Almond Oil.

Thanks.

discodumpling

For my fine strands sweet almond oil is too heavy however it makes an excellent addition to my DC mixes. Additionally the almond oil does not penetrate like EVOO does. I only use a pea sized amount of EVOO to seal but it does the job! HTH

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
I just bought a new bottle of Sweet Almond Oil, I really like it, it softens my hair and is a great sealant.

Eritreladiee

I've never used sweet almond oil on it's own. But I bought this oil mix of coconut, olive and sweet almond oil that smells amazing and works great- a definite staple. I personally don't like to use olive oil alone as a leave-in, cuz I don't like the smell of it and it's a bit heavy for me. Anyway, why don't you try the sweet almond oil and see how your hair likes it. If it's a bit on the heavy side (which I wouldn't know, cuz I've never used it alone) you could always mix it with coconut oil, which in my opinion is lighter than olive oil.

P.S, I'm a fine-haired natural.

chebaby

ive never used sweet almond oil before but i really want to. i love evoo in my moisturizers/butters and my deep conditioners but i cant use it on its own or itll make my hair hard. i cant use it as a pre poo or overnight oil treat but i cant seal with it because for some reason my hair does not like it that way.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I Just DC'd with AO GPB, L'anza Kukui Nut and EVOO. I don't usually 'mix' products and I've never added Oils to my DC'ers. But this worked really well.:yep:

Because it Penetrates the Hair Shaft (along with EVCO & Avacado Oil) I will continue to add these to my DC'ers especially throughout the Winter Months.

I also have Sweet Almond, I haven't used it much. I used it for a HOT (Hot Oil Treatment), but I haven't used it regularly and probably won't repurchase.

Because of it's Penetrating Properties, EVOO is a Definite Keeper.:grin:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Sweet almond oil was not as heavy as EVOO last time I used it.

shinyblackhair

I tried SAO back when I was relaxed and I remember thinking it was *okay*. I prefer the heaviness of the EVOO hands down. For my hair SAO was too light. YMMV