olive oil

lynette

can someone please tell me the difference between olive oil and extra virgin olive oil. I just use plain olive oil on my hair, is this bad.

HollyGolightly

yeah, is there a really big difference? the other day i did a pre-treatment with just plain olive oil, and it left my hair extra shiny.

genesis

I was wondering the exact same thing, I have been using regular olive oil for some of my mixtures-not much- and I have been getting good results.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
greAtness333 said:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Women&Number=411485&Forum=,,,f2,,,&Words=EVOO%20OLIVE&Searchpage=3&Limit=50&Main=410011&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=3&newertype=m&olderval=1&oldertype=m&bodyprev=#Post411485

[/ QUOTE ]

that thread wasnt very helpful...

so which one is better so to speak??? Olive Oil or EVOO? Based on what I have read on the forum, a lot of people use EVOO. So maybe that one is better but why? Arent they the same?

Devi

It's not a huge difference but evoo has a slightly lower acidity that virgin olive oil, virgin olive oil comes from riper olives that evoo comes from.

And regular olive oil is not only olive oil, it's mixed with other oils (unless it says pure on the label). They use chemicals to get it out of the olive pulp, skins and pits, then it's refined after that.

Chefs say that the best olive oil comes from olives that are picked and pressed on the same day and also the first pressing is the best pressing... it's just better quality to COOK with.

I wouldn't use regular olive oil because they use chemicals to get it out, so I'm afraid that it may have some crap in it.... plus it's refined.

But evoo and... voo are good for me

I guess there is really no concrete answer to which one is better for hair though.