OMG BAD Relaxer!!!!

brownstallion

life ain't easy!!
I know I havn't been up here in a while, I've been busy any ways about 4-5 months ago I used motions mild hebal salon relaxer. I noticed it burned a little and didn't take as good as It would with the regular mild motions is use but I ignored it. Well I used it again yesturday an let me tell you!!!! The right back side of my head burned the minute I put the relaxer on. Now I didn't scratch that part of my head at all in fact I scratch the top part and it didn't even burn!! Well I continued to relax the rest as fast as I could and while I was doing this my head was on FIRE I MEAN FIRE like never before. I rinsed it out as fast as I could knowing my hair wasn't straight. My hair isn't even straight and the back side is burned well I won't be using this relxer anymore. I'll stick to my regular motions.

I don't know if anyone had this happened to them just wanted to share my experience just incase anyone wants some feedback!!

bronzehair

im really sorry this happened to you, i hope your hair hasn't suffered too badly.I use this relaxer and i've never experienced this problem although the last time i used it my hair was soo tangled but i doubt it was the relaxers fault.

hopeful

Brownstallion the exact same thing happened to me with the motions oil moisturizer regular relaxer. At first I noticed some tingling and then finally just before Thanksgiving the back of my head felt like it was on fire. OMG I can't believe this happened to you too. Good luck with your future relaxers. I'd had trouble with relaxers off and on for years though so I kind of took it as a final hint and went natural.

karezone

I had the same thing happen with my last touch up with Motions oil moisturizer. I started burning in spots that I had not even scratched. I had no scabs but those areas were tender. I had also based my scalp the day before so I shouldn't have had any burning.

My roomie uses the herbal, I will ask her about it tonight.

SUPER SWEET

Sorry to hear this. I liked motions back in the day but now. Now? Nope.I think the formula has changed. But your hair looks really healthy so it should be ok.

amy1234

my hair did not respond well to the motions herbal relaxer either! I just processed a small section a while ago with this relaxer, and ever since then , this section has the most tangles which = breakage :mad: . its a good thing i didn't go ahead with an entire application or I know i would have been sorry. :nono: