OMG! ECOSTYLER GEL IS THE!

IrisDaVirus

UPDATE - I added a few tablespoons of olive oil to the olive oil gel that I have. It tones down the crunchiness and rinses out of my hair quite easily. It doesn't seem as cakey either when I put the extra olive oil in it either.

I have some jars of IC Fantasia gels (the blue and the green). I'm gonna try adding a little olive oil to those and see how they work.

Last edited:

Truth

I love ecostyler... when I first tried using gels.. everything left my hair a flakey.. white mess... ecostyler is the only gel that comes correct...I do love the fact that they do have different levels of "hold" .. so if I want a strong hold.. I can use the olive oil.. if I want a not so strong hold.. yet just enough.. Thats when the Brown gel and (if I can find it ) the Blue gel can come into play... :yep:

aquajoyice

I finally bought and used my EcoStyler last night :grin: And I love it! I decided to do an oil mix pre-poo on my hair last night to make sure my ends got some much needed moisture after doing Mixed Chicks over the weekend. I let the oil sit on my hair for about an hour then thoroughly rinsed with cool water and then cleansed with my Wen. I had no idea the EcoStyler was going to keep my hair so soft but still hold the style. I did a braid out with two small corn rows parted down the middle. My hair is boucny soft, my edges are slick and shiny, and it doesn't feel greasy or hard to the touch! I just learned how to do corn rows last night after years of having no idea how to do them :grin::grin: Sorry for all the excitement but last night was a definite AH HaH moment for me with some great results! :yep::drunk::spinning::yep:

theAlist

I tried the pink...and my 6months post new growth just laughed at it... :( I guess its back to the Jam...I know that is the WORST gel for your hair, but its the only thing that works for me.

so1913

curl junkie aloe fix?? you and i like a lot of the same things, have you tried that?

Giiiirl I think you may be on to something...

I finally got it and tried this to slick my hair back and it worked PERFECTLY. Just as effective as Eco Styler with giving me that smooth sleek look and hold. I can't wait to try it on my loose hair!

BeautifulRoots

I have two questions about this product...

1) This one is for people that don't like glycerin...how are you liking ecostyler? I love the hold and definition the gel (clear) is giving me, but with all the humidity outside, I feel like the glycerin is soaking up moisture in the air...which equals frizz for me. Have you been using anything to help negate the effects of glycerin? (It's been about 85 to 90% humidity and dew point is not too far under the temp so i know there's tons of moisture in the air.)

2) I was thinking about trying brown ecostyler...does it work similar to clear or olive oil ecostyler as far as hold and definition?

tricie

Re: OMG! ECOSTYLER GEL IS THE ISH!

To tag along to what Poka said, they also have an Olive oil version and a dark brown one, too. Just to make sure I'm covered, I got 'em both! :grin:

Yes there's different types. I've seen all kinds of colors, yellow, pink, blue, clear. I use the clear one.

vtoodler

Re: OMG! ECOSTYLER GEL IS THE ISH!

Yes there's different types. I've seen all kinds of colors, yellow, pink, blue, clear. I use the clear one.

Are all kinds of Eco Styler gel equally good?

Is the yellow gel as good as the clea one; is there pink one as good as the blue one; and so forth?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
vtoodler said:
Are all kinds of Eco Styler gel equally good?

Is the yellow gel as good as the clea one; is there pink one as good as the blue one; and so forth?

I think they all have different strength holds. The clear is the strongest.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

vtoodler

I think they all have different strength holds. The clear is the strongest.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Oh really? So, the clear is even stronger than the brown/black one? (I think someone said that Eco Styler had a dark gel)

How would you know which is stronger than the other? Does it say so on the container?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Oh really? So, the clear is even stronger than the brown/black one? (I think someone said that Eco Styler had a dark gel)

How would you know which is stronger than the other? Does it say so on the container?
It will say on the container...It goes from 1-10, ten being the strongest hold. My Argon oil one says 10 and the clear is a 10 but the clear has a much stronger hold to me so I don't know how accurate the chart is lol. I've never used the brown one.

Also I think one of the colors is for color treated hair (blue maybe). There's an olive oil one as well which I've heard is a light/medium hold.

Last edited:

MaraWithLove

vtoodler said:
Pokahontas

Does Eco Styler hold as well as brown gels, such as Ampro or Softee? Would you say that it's even stronger than those gels?

I'm not Pokahontas, but I can tell you in my experience, the answer is YES! :yep: Also it doesn't make my hair feel like a helmet or give me flakes like ampro did! HTH! :)

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I've had this in the back of my cabinet since last fall and after reading this I immediately went to use it on my 10wk post relaxer hair line and I am VERY impressed! I have the one with Olive Oil and it defined my coils and gave a medium hold which I prefer. My NG now blend perfectly with my curly phony-pony. Thanks OP! Knowledge is POWER!!!

so1913

Eco styler is still a staple for me. I buy the large tubs and have two strengths on hand. I have the blue one which is a light hold (can't remember the number off hand) for my wash and goes, paired on top of Oyin's Hair Dew I have amazing results. I use a strong hold gel of 10 (either the Argan oil or Olive oil formulas) for my slick back styles.

I keep trying alternative stylers to get around using gel (usually more expensive) however they have all been fails and always fall back on my trusty eco styler.

lana

You guys I used the Olive Oil Ecostyler gel on my edges for the first time and they slicked down really pretty....BUT...it doesn't stay that way. As soon as it dries, I'm back to puffy edges that just sit there standing up and curling....Why didn't this work for me?

chelleyrock

I don't think my hair quite likes Ecostyler gel (especially for wash n go's). I think it may the glycerin in it. I do get clumpage when using for a wash n go, but my hair starts to expand when it dries (especially at the roots). It does, however, work very well on my edges.

I recently tried the Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel and it clumped my curls so much better without poofing. I think I may have used to much because although it defined my curls, it was crunch city. I may need to add oil to it.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
You guys I used the Olive Oil Ecostyler gel on my edges for the first time and they slicked down really pretty....BUT...it doesn't stay that way. As soon as it dries, I'm back to puffy edges that just sit there standing up and curling....Why didn't this work for me?
I don't have the olive oil one but I've heard it has a soft hold, you probably need a stronger hold. I have the same problem with my argon oil one. I tell you one thing....if you try that clear one your edges won't move all day, lol.

Embyra

Olive is a much stronger hold than the argan to me even though they are both holds of 10

I have recently used the blue hold of 5 and i like it a lot all the gels i have tried get me a weeks hold anyway

Embyra

I keep trying alternative stylers to get around using gel (usually more expensive) however they have all been fails and always fall back on my trusty eco styler.

Thats what i find so ridiculous all these other expensive gels never make my hair look as good as eco :perplexed:lol:

greenandchic

When I used to slick my hair down, I would tie my edges with a satin scarf until it dried, or I would have the same problem you do. It works for me even with lighter hold gels and pomades.

empressri

I love some of my more expensive gels...but I find when you use a little bit of that with a lot of the ecostyler on top....I can stretch the more costly product.

Love Always

empressri, what expensive gels do you like? I'm new to Ecostyler and I love it a lot better than the Keracare Gel that I've been using for years and that was costing me 20 bucks a pop! I've been missing out all this time :lol:.

empressri

empressri, what expensive gels do you like? I'm new to Ecostyler and I love it a lot better than the Keracare Gel that I've been using for years and that was costing me 20 bucks a pop! I've been missing out all this time :lol:.

omg! lol

well more liquidy ones like any of the ouidad gels. they aren't cheap BUT i dont have to use a lot, particularly when using ecostyler on top.

they add the extra oomph! to my hair and the results are always fabulous.

hmmm moptop is good but i can actually get away with using that alone in lower dew points. my hair can take glycerin in winter, who knew?

and a few of curl junkie gels, like the curl queen. it's good but holds my hair better with a little ecostyler on top.

Love Always

^^^Did you have the Ouidad gel on your hair when you got haircut? I've been stalking your videos :look:. Your cut looked great and your hair looked so soft :yep:.

empressri

^^^Did you have the Ouidad gel on your hair when you got haircut? I've been stalking your videos :look:. Your cut looked great and your hair looked so soft :yep:.

yes! tress effects, but that was it! she didn't use anything else and it lasted for days.

I told Sondriel I need her to come do my hair every week lol