OMG GVP Humectress SUCKS!!!!!!

leona2025

So I am so in love with Nexxus Humectress right now. I went to Sally's to buy the big bottle. I thought I had seen it in there for 18.99 where as everywhere else it's like 25. Anyway I get there and it's the medium size bottle for 18.99.

As I reach for it (and it's the old formula too:grin:), I see GCP just looking down at me. I say to myself why spend 18.99 when you can spend 5 on the same stuff. I open it and smell it. Doesn't smell the same, but's suppose to have the same ingredients, how bad could it be? I also get GVP K-pak Reconstructor, Silk elments daily moisturizer, and Silk Elments Mayonnaise.

I take the GVP Humctress and I do my normal DC routine. When I first put it in it didn't feel like Humctress. With Humctress when I put it on my hair instantly turns soft and buttery. I used the GVP with heat for 20 minutes, let the hair cool and do another 10 minutes. I do all my dcs like this because I just can't sit for 30 minutes straight.

When I rinse it out my hair is a hard tangled mess. :nono: No slip. I had to dod a quick co wash with my Humectress because I was on my way out. That GVP Humectress sucks. I am taking all 4 products back today. I don't even want to try the rest.

renae226

Thanks for letting me know. I have never tried GVP products now I'm not going to waste my time with them either. I guess some things can't be subsituted.

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Thanks for the review. I wanted to try the humctress but now I won't. Still love the GVP conditoning balm though, have you tried it?

leona2025

Thanks for the review. I wanted to try the humctress but now I won't. Still love the GVP conditoning balm though, have you tried it?

This was my first try with the GVP products. I do have the flat iron, but I'm looking for a new one too. The iron does not stay hot. The Temp. drops after it's been on a while. It usually takes me 1 to 2 hours to flat iron cause I do it in sections and take breaks to watch tv and what not:lachen:.
I was so expecting to love this conditioner. It is such a let down.