OMG! I made 6 inches in a year's time

laketta

OMG! I made 6 inches in a year\'s time

I went natural sometime last october (2002). This is when I decided to stop perming. At that time I had all relaxed hair. This evening I took my cornrows out to wash my hair. I decided to get out the ruler to see how my hair is doing. It is now six inches! (each strand!)
dance7.gif
I was so happy! I had cut my ends off (the relaxed part) in early june. In july I cut off about another inch all around to get rid of some relaxed ends that were left over. I went from nothing to six in a year. I am now taking my vitamins regularly and hopefully by my b-day next april, I want to have close to a foot from scalp to ends pressed. The shrinkage is a trip. When it is completely wet, it shrinks to 2 inches. I need a camera so I can take pics. I will get one sometime this month.
clap.gif

Re: OMG! I made 6 inches in a year\'s time

clap.gif
Congrats! Please post pics soon!

I'm inspired now. I'm about to boost up my vitamins. I take 2 biotin 5mg tablets and 1 l-cystine now. I was taking nourish hair GNC but I stopped but now I will start those again. I started taking vitamins in june. I was 3.5 inches then.

Excellent news! Congrats girl, growing and maintaining 6 inches in a year is phenomenal
smile.gif

That's great progress! Congratualations!

Wow, THAT'S WONDERFUL....& ur natural too
wink.gif
.... simply wonderful. Congrats
clap.gif
to u
trampoline.gif

v

That's great news lakettab. Six inches is a lot for a whole year, I only got 3 1/2 to 4 inches in one year. You'll gain another six in no time. Congrats!!
smile.gif

Congratulations!!!
kiss.gif

You're an inspiration for me as well. I went natural in August of 2002. Started with less than an inch all around. Yes, many of us have internalized the notion that our hair will not grow. That's a fallacy that needs to be addressed. Now, after a little over a year, my hair has grown anywhere from 5-8". I've noticed that the growth is uneven in a lot of areas. Some areas are shorter than others, so it's fantastic that you've had all one length of growth!!!
clap.gif

My goals are to change my diet, drink more water, keep taking my vitamins and wear protective styles. Cornrows are perfect. I am getting kinky twists this weekend. I'll wear them for 6-8 weeks, then have them taken out, allowing my hair to breathe and see what happens. If I can get at least 1 to 1.5" during that time, I'll be happy. If I like the twists, I'll keep getting them to protect my hair during the fall and winter months.

Congrats again, and please do keep us posted on your progress. Yes, I'd like to see some pics.

Take care and God bless,

LON

Congratulations Lakettab! I wish you continued success.
wink.gif

I wnet out today with my afro blowout. It looked so big! I will braid it back up this weekend I want to reach my foot goal quickly. I am going to increase my biotin intake to 15mg.

wow laketabb congrat on yo growth!! sounds lik we started to transition at about the same time!! unfortunately wen i did the big chop i cut my hair too much so i kno that there's no way my hair's 6inches now, hopefully soon!!!

Lakettab a big CONGRATS Lakettab
smile.gif
You must let us into all your secrets on how you gained that extra 6 inches!!!

Congratulations, Lakettab!
up.gif

OT ~ LondonDiva, it's good to see you posting again!
smile.gif

Back