ON POINT hair tips from JOLIE MAG!!!

*ElleB

When I saw this I almost fell out of my seat!!
I felt like I was reading str8 from LHCF!
Good Work JOLIE!

jolielivepretty.com Feb/Mar 06 Issue
HAIR 101

REMEDY: Hot Oil Treatment
USED FOR: Hair that lacks moisture and needs additional moisture to replenish the hair shaft
BEST FOR: Dry hair and scalp, chemically treated, and natural hair. Use once or twice a month.
HOW TO USE: Massage through wet/dry hair. Cover with a plastic cap. Sit under hooded dryer for 15-25 minutes. Or let sit for 30-45 minutes. Shampoo and condition. Or once a week combine a quarter size amount of pure organic olive oil (available at health food stores) with a deep conditioner. Cover with a plastic cap and sit under a hooded dryer for 15-35 minutes or cover plastic cap with a hot towel wrapped around head and let sit for 45 minutes to an hr.
SUGGESTED PRODUCTS: African Pride Wonder 8 Oil, Khamit Kinks Hot Oils

REMEDY: Reconstructor/Protein Conditioner
USED FOR: Helps stop and prevent breakage, split ends, and shedding of hair. Also strengthens the hair cuticle.
BEST FOR: Damaged or relaxed/color treated hair or natural hair. Depending on hair's condtion, use once or twice a month, natural hair, once a month.
HOW TO USE: After shampoo, apply to wet hair. Cover with plastic cap and sit under hooded dryer for 15-30 minutes. Or wrap a hot towel around the plastic cap and let sit for 45 minutes to an hr. RInse. Towel Dry. Follow with a moisturizing conditioner.
SUGGESTED PRODUCTS: Affirm 5-in-1, Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating, Mizani Kerafuse Protein Treatment, Aphogee Two-Minute Keratin Reconstructor, Nexxus Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor

REMEDY: Moisturizing/Deep Conditioner
USED FOR: Infuses moisture into the hair shaft and scalp, as well as coats the hair cuticle.
BEST FOR: Relaxed, color treated and natural hair
HOW TO USE: After shampoo, massage through hair. Then cover with a plastic cap and sit under a hooded dryer for 15-20 minutes. Or let sit w/o heat for 30-60 min.
SUGGESTED PRODUCTS: Nioxin Scalp Therapy for Fine Hair Chemically Enhanced, Nexxus Humectress, Mizani Moisturfuze, Phytospecific Vital Force, Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrating Treatment, Optimum Care Rich COndtioner, Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayo, Ojon Ultra Hydrating COnditioner

REMEDY: Wrap Lotion
USED FOR: Creates fluidity and sets the foundation of a style. Sculpts theh hair into shape. Also, helps dry hair smooth and straight and protects against heat.
BEST FOR: Straight styles and short hair cuts
HOW TO USE:After shampoo and condtion, apply to hair then comb or wrap in desired direction. Dryer optional.
SUGGESTED PRODUCTS: KeraCare Foam Wrap Set Lotion, Jane Carter Wrap and Roll, Lotta Body Foam Wrap, Razac Perfect for Perms Wrap and Set Lotion

More coming....

*ElleB

REMEDY: Moisturizing Shampoo
USED FOR: Cleanses hair and scalp. Restores Moisture
BEST FOR: Relaxed, color treated and natural hair
HOW TO USE: Ok, that is self explanatory
SUGGESTED PRODS: Nexxus Therappe, Dark and Lovely 3-n-1 Detangling Shampoo, Ojon Ultra Hydrating Shampoo

REMEDY: Clarifying Shampoo
USED FOR: Exfoliates the hair and scalp of debris, product buildup
BEST FOR: THose with active lifestyles. Note: Clarifying shampoos contain no moisture, so those with color should be cautious.
HOW TO USE: Shampoo as normal and follow with a moisturizing shampoo. Use once a month or every other month.
SUGGESTED PRODS: Avlon CLear Away Yellow 'Poo, Organic Root Stim. Uplifting 'Poo, Revlon Herbal Deep Cleansing Shampoo

REMEDY: Wax/Pomade
USED FOR: Short Style...Holding Hair in Place
BEST FOR: All Hair types
HOW TO USE: Placed on dry hair for styling purposes
SUGG. PRODS. Vonte Silk Effects, Creme of Nature Herbal Rich Holding, Aveda COntrol Paste

*ElleB

REMEDY: Hairdress/Oil Sheen
USED FOR: A daily moisturizer to add shine. Also protects hair from heat styling
BEST FOR: All hair types
HOW TO USE: Rub in hair, especially the ends and apply as needed.
SUGGESTED PRODS: Kenya Jordana Hair Butter, Jane Carter Solution Nourish and SHine, Motions at home Oil sheen and conditioning spray, Dudley's Oil Sheen Spray

REMEDY: Leave in Conditioner
USED FOR: Prevents breakage and permanently bonds to the cortex to increase your hair's elasticity and strength. Also helps protect hair from heat styling
BEST FOR: All hair types except fine hair
HOW TO USE: Apply throughout hair. COmb thru before styling
SUGG. PRODS: Empress Leave in, Jane Carter Revitalize, Aphogee Pro Vitamin Leave In, Motions Nourish, Design Essentials Therapeutic RX

REMEDY: Mousse
USED FOR: Provides Soft hold, defines curls, and provides extra body
BEST FOR: Great for loose human hair styles to hold curl pattern. Also, creates the appearance of the wet look. Best for wet sets, sculpting and blow drying
SUGG. Prods. Paul Mitchell, John Frieda Relaxed Mousse

Healthb4Length

Well whoever they are I really appreciate them giving good, solid advice on our hair care instead of the garbage I see printed in Hype Hair.

*ElleB

Alli77 said:
Well whoever they are I really appreciate them giving good, solid advice on our hair care instead of the garbage I see printed in Hype Hair.

Amen to that....

Cooyah

What are the biggest mistakes women of color make when caring for their hair?

How can they resolve it?"

-Women of color often over-process their hair--leaving the hair limp, lifeless, dry and brittle. A sure cure for this process is to only have your stylist relax the hair 75 -80% straight leaving 20% of a curl formation in the hair strands. Mild and Regular relaxer formulas of any brand name product is best, never super. Therefore, the elasticity is still intact leaving room for thermal heat and the remaining straightening of the hair. Now you have fullness and volume.

-Textured and natural hair women of color tend to under condition their hair and forget about regular shaping and trimming. They should receive a deep conditioning and herbal steam treatment at least two times a month. Also, shape and trim the hair ends every 2 - 3 months.

Try Tai Texture Botanical Treatment - a great spa treatment for the scalp which purifies the scalp and conditions the hair (available in fine retail stores and beauty salons in April).

i thought those were taken STR8 from LHCF, this magazine seems to be on point, if only viv would take her own advice

They totally got that from our site! I ain't mad at em. We've got some great tips here! :D

(Editors: If you ever need some real people to talk about their hair experiences contact me!)

Lovelylocs

This is a nice article. I doubt the author is an LHCF member though. If s/he were, they wouldn't have written the oil sheen/hair dress thing. :ohwell:

Incredible1ne

Lovelylocs said:
This is a nice article. I doubt the author is an LHCF member though. If s/he were, they wouldn't have written the oil sheen/hair dress thing. :ohwell:

I was just about to say that. When did oil sheen become a moisturizer :ohwell:

Tee

Alli77 said:

I agree 100% :yep:

Last edited:

Tee

Lovelylocs said:

I was thinking the exact same thing!!!