One week left until the end of my first 4 month stretch...hair looks shorter.

sj73

I'm planning to relax next weekend. I'm near the end of my first 4 month stretch and boy am I looking forward to that creamy crack. :lol: Well, I noticed that my hair looks shorter than it did since my last relaxer. I'm hoping this is shrinkage fooling me. I've had a lot of shedding the last month. I'm praying for thicker, fuller, LONGER hair next week. I want FULL APL to get me excited about reaching my 2011 year-end goal of BSL.

Yeah, it's shrinkage. The further I got into my transition, the shorter my hair looked, but when I straightened it, it was definitely growing from month to month.

It's shrinkage. :yep: I always have that and have been stretching for years. It's discouraging and disorienting too! It can make you get a lil worried....but you'll be pleased! Congrats on your first stretch!

Next week will be five months for me. My longest stretch ever. My hair is looking shorter also. I've been tempted to relax to make sure I haven't lost any of my progress but I'm pushing on. I'll relax at 6 months and since it is so thick I will get my mom to do it this time.

Thanks ladies. This is my first four month stretch, but I normally stretch for three months. I remember feeling this way at the end of my three month stretchs, but I'm amazed how much 4 months of stretching can make a difference regarding shrinkage. I did a hard protein treatment last night and my hair looked NECK length when it dried. I quickly finger-combed and braided it up for a braidout and just started thinking positive thoughts. :ohwell:

Congratulations on your stretch, more than likely it is shrinkage.
I know how you fell I am 29 weeks into my 32 week stretch and I know I have shrinkage but I am wearing braids so its not so bad.

Good luck on your stretch and post pictures of your progress..HHG

It's shrinkage. This is why I am so addicted to stretching- the tricks your hair plays on you. It looks shorter for a while but when you finally relax- the progress you've made is jaw dropping! Congrats on holding out!

Thanks ladies. This is my first four month stretch, but I normally stretch for three months. I remember feeling this way at the end of my three month stretchs, but I'm amazed how much 4 months of stretching can make a difference regarding shrinkage. I did a hard protein treatment last night and my hair looked NECK length when it dried. I quickly finger-combed and braided it up for a braidout and just started thinking positive thoughts. :ohwell:
Same here. I was beginning to think I was crazy! I'm 10 wks post..

Back