One year after the big chop, how long was your hair?

My hair is mixed length due to various reason all of them being me.
Uh shortest point is 4-5 inches
Longest is 6-71/2 inches.

Idk exactly but it was here
4771.jpg
**I BC to 1.5 inches

Last edited:
Well to be fair I suppose you can ask how long they transitioned for because people BC without transition so the amount of hair they'll have at their 1 year status will be different.

At the one year mark for me I had about 6 inches give or take a few. I really don't know how long I transitioned for or even if that was one year exactly...

Before LHCF I was too oblivious.

Ahh here's the attachment of how long my hair was.

Attachments

• 1 nat.jpg
    1 nat.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
I had about 4-5 inches. I was still happy even though I wanted 6. I am hoping for APL by my 2 year relaxer free date.

The first time around I transitioned for 10 months and was NL when I chopped. 1 year later I was SL. This time around I chopped down to a 2 inch TWA and have incorporated growth aids and eliminated hair dye so in August I'll bump this thread to tell you where I'm at.

i had 4-5 layered inches. about eyebrow length in the crown/top & about neck length in the back.

mine is in my siggy.... i had about an inch at bc and now its between 4.5 to 6 inches... (crown grows faster than rest) 8 months later... so im guessing full SL would be me1 yr later...

I'd say maybe 4 to 5 inches all over. I cut a lot the first year and highlighted at the one year mark though. That and my hair still has some degree of shrinkage even when it's straightened.

After shaving my head bald in Oct. 07' I was SL by Oct. 08'.

glamazon386 I am lovin the styles you're rockin in your siggy.

I think I had about 1.5 inches when I BC, and my year ends March, 2010. It's so great to hear that many women reached SL from a TWA after one full year. I think I might have 5-6 inches right now all over.

7 inches by March would be great! Not sure what is possible....

cj

I transitioned for 8 months and had 2 trims after a BC'd.

This pic marked 1 year after my BC

This pic was taken on October 10th.

Right after the BC 12/14/08

Last edited:
This is motivating to know some of you had so much growth in the first year.

My twa is not so cute anymore as it is growing and I feel extremely ugly and feeling like I want to relax it, even though I just said I wouldn't in another thread, lol.

My twa is not so cute anymore as it is growing and I feel extremely ugly and feeling like I want to relax it, even though I just said I wouldn't in another thread, lol.

Hang in there!:kiss:

I felt the same way as I was growing out my TWA. I spent a lot of time on Naturallycurly and looking at fotki's of natural inspirations. I avoided looking at relaxed hair on this board because it was too much of a temptation for me.

I suggest you look at alot of fotki's to see what others are doing with their hair. Get some thin headbands and clips to help you through the in-between stage. Lastly, try to enjoy this stage because your hair will grow so fast it will be over in no time!:grin::grin:

I know. Thats one thing I noticed when I wasnt interested in going natural, people BC, and by the end of the year everyone has a whole new head of hair.

So this is really great- Looks like about neck length with shorter layers from the top of the hair at shortest- to alittle past shoulder length at longest...then the next year you'll be working on APL- thats nothing.

Im going to transition all this year then cut my hair in december.

I know. Thats one thing I noticed when I wasnt interested in going natural, people BC, and by the end of the year everyone has a whole new head of hair.

So this is really great- Looks like about neck length with shorter layers from the top of the hair at shortest- to alittle past shoulder length at longest...then the next year you'll be working on APL- thats nothing.

Im going to transition all this year then cut my hair in december.

Well, my hair has already been chopped, so I am dealing with the twa regardless, but I'm really looking forward to the whole new head of shoulder length natural hair.

Good luck with your transition.

I BC'd in Feb '08 to a twa shorter than an inch unstretched. No transition at all. Feb '09 my hair was about 5-6 in, NL when straightened.

i had 1 - 2 inches of hair when i bigchopped and one year later it grew an additional 7-8inches ( the front grew faster than the back) so i went from a teeny tiny twa to a few inches past shoulder length in that time.

Last edited:
Well, my hair has already been chopped, so I am dealing with the twa regardless, but I'm really looking forward to the whole new head of shoulder length natural hair.

Good luck with your transition.

Good luck to you too and congrats!

I did a mini chop, cut from BSL to about 3", but I think some of that is relaxed still because I cant even remember when my last relaxer was or how much my hair grew, and I would like for it to be healthier,- so im just using that hair to get weaves and braids and cut that 3" off while im going. My official start date was Jan.1, ME TOOOOOOO------Im going look out for you next year hopefully we'll both have some great progress.

I chopped down to the nitty gritty... and 1 year later i was past sl stetched.. i hope to be BSL stretched by the 2 year mark.. i am 1.5 inches from apl now, so barring any set backs... i should be there or close

Back