One Year Update!!!!! :)

LOL, my mistake on my intial post and i am also sorry for how long it took to me get back to you. I am now overseas on vacation in Germany.

Correction:i have suffered two major setbacks on my hair journey since joining LHCF. The most recent was a cut from a scissor happy family member. I am so happy that I somehow managed to inspire some people out there because alot of the members on here have inspired me in so many ways. LOL you can go ahead and try the red beans and rice. I don't know if i can say it attributed to my length retension!!

ps. my braidouts are nothing compared to some of the ladies on here! i am positive of that! :yep:

I'm over here trying to study and I can't even concentrate :grin:. If you suffered two setbacks during 2007 then you must have grown at least a foot of hair because from the looks of it, you have achieved somewhere between 8-10 inches.

Maaaaaaaaaajor congrats. You give us all hope that this kind of growth is possible, so keep doing what you're doing. Meanwhile I too will give my hair some TLC this year. And if that doesn't work Imma try some red beans and rice or som'm. Ahem. Good job! :grin:

ETA: P.S. Your braid outs rock!

Lavendar

Oh yes...you absolutely needed to post an update!:yep: Your hair progress is inspiring. I love your fotki tips. I been thinking about washing using the C&G method for some time, especially as my hair gets longer. Thanks so much for sharing and CONGRATS!!!!:drunk:

Your progress is amazing!! I hope I can retain length like that this year!! What styles did you wear in between the growing out period?

In between growing out periods which was mainly towards the end of 2007, I focused on low maintennce styles such as strawsets, braidouts, and twists only once i think this year. I defintely sacrified styling the way i wanted to in order to gain more length. But at the same time I did the best with whatever style i had. You can go to my fotki to see the exact styles on month periods.