OOOOOHH Honey!

jazzyto

I added two tbsp of honey to humecto conditioner and DC my daughters hair. The softness and bling were ridiculous :grin:. Honey will definately be a new staple.

likewtr4chklit

Honey is also a daily staple for me. I know it sounds wierd but I use honey and water instead of gel. It slicks my edges down like no other product I've ever used without drying my hair out.

SoOoNY

I like Molasses... There are a few threads here about honey lightening your hair... Molasses does the same thing but for darker hair... Dont want anyone's color changing :blush:

crazydaze911

Honey is also a daily staple for me. I know it sounds wierd but I use honey and water instead of gel. It slicks my edges down like no other product I've ever used without drying my hair out.

i am NOT trying to make jokes, and i've asked this question before, but you dont attract bees in the summer? :lachen: But im actually SERIOUS. when i have even a sweet smelling perfume, every flying creature wants to attack me....

jazzyto

I used just regular honey from the grocery store that I normally put in teas. Some folks may use something from a health food store. I dont know that it makes a difference.

angelp

I just used honey for the first time yesterday. I mixed it with ORS replenishing pak and some Hairveda Cocasta oil. My hair is very soft, moisturized, and has a nice shine to it. My ends feel great too...for once they are not dry after airdrying and putting into a braid.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I keep hearing people rave about honey in conditioners. But every time I go to deep condition, I always forget (I'm actually DCing under the dryer right at this moment). I need to make a mental sticky to try it out next time.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Honey is the best, for everything :yep:

Thats why its mentioned as a remedy in the Quran :yep:

That's cool! What does the Quran say about honey? Anything about hair? :giggle:What does it heal? How are the kiddos doing?

grnidmonster

I love honey!!!! I use honey in my henna and all of my hair mixtures. I bought powdered honey from lotioncrafters and it is wonderful, i just add the powder and mix in whatever else. Even with the henna my hair comes out very soft.

To the earlier question, during the summer the honey does attract bees and other types of bugs like flies and hornets. Just an FYI but, I still love it and won't let the critters stop me from using it.

redecouvert

I haven't done this in a while but sometimes i just do a pre-poo with honey/ olive oil/ coconut oil....my hair is just soft!!

chebaby

i havent used honey in my deep conditioners in a while. i used to use it mixed with suave for a co wah. i think this sunday i will use it in a pre poo mix because i dont want to mix it with my humectress when i deep condition.