Honey rinse makes curls pop??

africanqueen456

So I did the patchouli method of dcing(Extreme moisture w/ honey dc and favorite oil) and there

was so much slip!! But I only left it in for about 2 hours(didnt want to over moisturize).So I rinse it out in braids and some if the honey was still there..
For the past two days my braidout has manintained,something that has never happened before.The honey is acting like a "gel" because it is sticky. Honey will def be a staple in my reggie:grin:..
does your hair honey rinses?or do they leave your hair sticky?]
What do you think about adding some gel to braidout to make it last more?

Vashti

I always use honey in my DC routine (a tablespoon) but I've always thought that using too much will just make your hair sticky. if it works for you though, that's good.

KnottyGurl

I'm definitely going to add some honey to my next dc. As far as using gel for braidouts, I already do this and it works well. I like Ecostyler Krystal gel. It holds and it dries without feeling sticky. Even my hands dry sticky-free. Add some oil if you get Krystal (clear) gel instead of the olive oil gel.

africanqueen456

Thanks Knottygurl you have beeen a big help .I went out and purchased some ecostyler.AND i DONT LIKE IT.this is the second thing I purchased that everyone raved about and it sucks.It elogated my curls but made my hair flake!!! Ewww! Idk...but patchoulis method of dcing left method hair feeling great..For the past coulple of day I have have no breakage (just maybe like 1 or 2 strands a day!) That coupled with a protein treatment(I'm transitioning) , my hair is feeling great!