Oprah's heat protector...

dlove

I wonder what heat protector Andre is using on Oprah's hair. From what I read, she is a straight haired natural. I just noticed that her hair is full, thick, and healthy for someone who wears their hair pressed 90% ( I'm guessing- watching her on TV) of the time. Most of the posters here report about pressing once or twice a year for fear of heat damage and /or split ends and damage, thus preventing the retention of growth.

Oh, but Oprah...Her hair is thriving!

Anyone know what her regimen is for protecting her hair while straightening?

*CherryPie*

Oprah is RELAXED.She relaxed a while ago. She said she couldn't handle natural hair.

Andre said he doesn't use heat protectors. He said that he don't think any heat protectors can protect hair from the heat of blow dryers and flat irons etc....

pookaloo83

Oprah is RELAXED.She relaxed a while ago. She said she couldn't handle natural hair.

Andre said he doesn't use heat protectors. He said that he don't think any heat protectors can protect hair from the heat of blow dryers and flat irons etc....

Oh... :look: Well then...

He does a great job with her hair though.

SiobhanM

Yes Oprah is definitely relaxed! She said so when chris rock was on her show promoting his "good hair" movie.
I wonder if hes right though, has anything actually been proven to shield hair against heat damage? I think it may help some but not all.
With that being said, Oprah is a billionaire and im sure she can buy the best products out there and its obvious that Andre is a hair god :lachen:
Heres a link where he gives some hair tips!!!!:yep:

http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/20090916-tows-andre-walker-hair-tips

He says he has his own line coming out!
The PJism in me will run and buy it :grin:

casey3035

Wow...was that pic of Andre 24 years ago or is that a face lift? He looks so much younger than what I've seen before! This must be an old pic!