Optimum Oil Therapy Dry Hair Healer

Crysdon

Has anyone tried this? I keep seeing it in Jet Magazine. I think I'm going to pick it up after work today.

I can't find the ingredients, but the ad says that it has:

Olive Oil for maximum moisture
Coconut Oil for brilliant shine
Avocado Oil for sily softness
Jojoba Oil for rich nourishment

Optimum Oil Therapy Dry Hair Healer 4 oz

Featuring Micro-Oil Technology that penetrates hair with micro-beads of natural therapeutic oils to nourish, repair, strengthen and protect hair with no greasy build-up

Deeply moisturizes to alleviate dryness

Helps repair and protect against split ends

$4.49

Ms Red

I have used the lotion (same line). When I used a small amount I loved it. My hair was very shiny and soft. But after reading that it contained Mineral Oil and Petrol (near the top of the ingredients list) I stopped using it. The lotion was also heavy.

However, the hairdress that you posted might be lighter...

Crysdon

cupcake said:
I have used the lotion (same line). When I used a small amount I loved it. My hair was very shiny and soft. But after reading that it contained Mineral Oil and Petrol (near the top of the ingredients list) I stopped using it. The lotion was also heavy.

However, the hairdress that you posted might be lighter...

Oh no! Do you think the Dry Hair Healer creme has mineral oil in it too? I guess I'll have to read the ingredients when I get there.

sky_blu

You know I kept seeing it in these magazines as well and I think I used it before (my sister worked a Walgreens and is a product junkie so she get everything that come out good or bad) and I think I liked it.

DatJerseyDyme

I got it for free awhile back. It does have mineral oil it it, but it doesn't FEEL like regular grease, it goes on really smooth and really does soothe the scalp - and it semlls great.... I use it to base myself and to detangle my hair the day before my relaxer.

Crysdon

DatJerseyDyme said:
I got it for free awhile back. It does have mineral oil it it, but it doesn't FEEL like regular grease, it goes on really smooth and really does soothe the scalp - and it semlls great.... I use it to base myself and to detangle my hair the day before my relaxer.

Thanks DJD. I want to use this creme with Surge. Do you think the mineral oil will be harmful over time? The only product that I use w/Mineral oil is Motions Oil Moisturizer relaxer and that's only 4 times a year.

Crysdon

scorpiogirl112184 said:
i have this is does have mineral oil in it

How long have you used it?

Do you notice ANY drying at all? I think mineral oil is very drying over time.

TIA

Tami

Miss Bubblegum
I have tried this also, it smells very good but there was nothing spectacular about it. :perplexed

baglady215

Crysdon said:
Do you notice ANY drying at all? I think mineral oil is very drying over time.

TIA

My hair doesn't mind mineral oil at all. When I first came to the forum I tried to avoid it because it's supposedly so "bad." But darn near all the products in the BSS have mineral oil. Elasta QP Recovery, my new found staple, has it and I have seen no ill effects.

What is the harm with mineral oil anyway?

Crysdon

baglady215 said:
My hair doesn't mind mineral oil at all. When I first came to the forum I tried to avoid it because it's supposedly so "bad." But darn near all the products in the BSS have mineral oil. Elasta QP Recovery, my new found staple, has it and I have seen no ill effects.

What is the harm with mineral oil anyway?

Mineral oil coats the hair and doesn't allow the proper amount of moisture into the strands, hence the drying over time. It supposedly is hard to wash out if used regularly. Think baby oil. Baby oil is made almost entirely of mineral oil. I know that whenever I use it on my legs and take a shower, it takes a long time to come off. Like, I'll do the "scratch test" on my leg and if I scratch my leg and see greasy gunk in my fingernails, then I know I have to scrub more and harder.

Thanks for your reply. I think I will pick this up today. One more question...is mineral oil listed at the latter part of the ingredients, or the first few?

Thanks again

zoj2

I have been using the moisturizer for months now and I absolutely love it. It doesn't make my hair feel greasy and it adds a nice shine. I love the smell too.

OneInAMillion

I've been using the Optimum oil therapy moisturizer for about three weeks now and I love it. Crysdon--Mineral Oil is listed as one of the primary ingredients, but I guess it depends on the individual, because this isn't drying for my hair at all. I did use the dry hair healer about 2 months ago and didn't notice anything special, but the moisturizer (in the tall bottle) keeps my ends feeling great! I also use this with carrot oil.

BTW--I read in Ebony Magazine today that you can get free samples by going to: www.ebony.com. I'd try that first and see how I like the products.

Has anyone used any other products in this line? I was thinking of trying the shampoo and conditioner.

Ashee

If the "evil" thing about mineral oil is that it's drying then wouldn't the moisture that you put in your hair combat this??:confused: Especially if you mix products???:confused:

DatJerseyDyme

Crysdon said:
Thanks DJD. I want to use this creme with Surge. Do you think the mineral oil will be harmful over time? The only product that I use w/Mineral oil is Motions Oil Moisturizer relaxer and that's only 4 times a year.

My guess is that it would combat any irritation possibly caused by the surge and it wouldn't be harmful over time BUT it depends on what your hair likes...you could always try it out and see what it does for you! I only use it before my relaxer and so far so good!