Orbit Brush for Detangling hair

fancypants007

I purchase this product a few weeks ago and just decided to try it yesterday after washing and deep conditioning my hair. They advise not to use it while in the shower. You brush your hair straight down, and if you hit a tangle you add or release tension as you brush. I was a little scared to be honest, but it totally detangled my hair in 1-2 minutes. My hair is a little over brastrap length and I had very little hair in the brush. I was impressed. I usually wash my hair in the sink, then add my powders, rinse. Then i deep condition my hair. I used Tressemme Moisture Rich Vitamin E which gave me alot of slip. I then jumped in the shower to wash it out after 3-4 hours. I towel dried my hair, and then proceeded to use the Orbit Brush. You can check it out at their website http://www.orbitbrush.com. I was very impressed with this brush because I know that a paddle brush will help make your ends thicker, and also I have two textures of hair because I underprocessed my hair last October (it was not my purpose to do it). Anyhow, my detangling has been very time consuming because I take my time, gently detangling using a wide tooth comb. Well this orbit brush did it all very gently. No pulling, tearing, tugging. After I finish detangling, I sectioned my hair, added moisturisers/oils, and then combed my hair with wide tooth comb, and the comb glided through my hair. I will try this brush again, this weekend and give an update, but I was impressed. Just wanted to share.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Thank you so much! I think this is sort of like the Domincan spin without heat brush.:lachen: Keep me posted on the details of your next brush use.:yep:

KnottyGurl

I'm keeping my eye on this thread/product. I'm not having any problems detangling right now, but I may need to try it sometime in the future. Thanks for the heads up!

candita

thanks for the review. this is the first I've heard of this brush. Is it supposed to be for kids? I didn't see a lot of youtube videos on it

KurlyNinja

WOW! I just checked out the site and some of the videos. It does seem to look like it works! I probably wouldn't get it now, but definitely something to look into when my hair is longer. My only question is. Why wasn't this invented when I had to sit and get my hair brushed for hours on end when I was younger???? :wallbash:

fancypants007

thanks for the review. this is the first I've heard of this brush. Is it supposed to be for kids? I didn't see a lot of youtube videos on it

Not just for kids! If you look at the video they have some grownups too. I think they used kids because when it comes to detangling their hair, it can really be a chore. Anyhow, i tried it and was impressed. I have issues with my hair because of the two different textures because of underprocessed parts of my hair. I usually detanged using a wide tooth comb and some leave in conditioner, but this orbit brush did it in record time and when I went back over it with my comb, the comb glided through my hair. I will give an update next monday.

freecurl

Wow, I really want this to work. I've been hoping for a miracle product to aid with detangling. Don't want to jump on anymore bandwagons.:nono: Waiting for more reviews.

Amber_moon

hmmm... I notice they didnt show any type 4's on the site... Im pretty sure it wont work on my newgrowth/relaxed end tangles....