ORS relaxer....bad hair after 3 uses/ switch to Optimum? (red box)

AmyInAtl

I have had 4 relaxers in the last 22 months.
I started off with a head of virgin hair, and relaxed w/Optimum (purple box).
I then switched to ORS, for the last 3 relaxers.
I relaxer every 8-10weeks.
I am 13 weeks post, this time. I am thinking of switching to Optimum breakage Defense. I think it's their new line. Red box-no lye mild.

My hair seems dryer, thinner, coarser, no matter what I moisturize with.
Does anyone else think ORS is suspect. I really like their product line, but he relaxer, I dunno:ohwell:

SophiaRose said:
I have had 4 relaxers in the last 22 months.
I started off with a head of virgin hair, and relaxed w/Optimum (purple box).
I then switched to ORS, for the last 3 relaxers.
I relaxer every 8-10weeks.
I am 13 weeks post, this time. I am thinking of switching to Optimum breakage Defense. I think it's their new line. Red box-no lye mild.

My hair seems dryer, thinner, coarser, no matter what I moisturize with.
Does anyone else think ORS is suspect. I really like their product line, but he relaxer, I dunno:ohwell:

i don't have any advice just a heads up the mild version is in an orange box the regular and super are in red boxes

here's a picture of the mild

texasbeautysupplycom_1936_61828515

Let us know how this works if you use it (the orange box). I used to use Optimum too before I switched to Lye. Normally I'd advise to switch to lye, stretch your relaxers more and retain moisture. Maybe it's not just the brand, but the type giving you build-up, does your hair tangle alot when wet? However, if I'd seen their new relaxer (above) I definately would have given it a try before switching over as it CLAIMS to moisturize & condition, no build-up, all the reasons I switched to lye. It sounds good, so while you are at that point where it's relatively safe for you to switch up on your touch-up, go for it.

I don´t know about the Optimum but I had hair breakage after 2 uses of the ORS, I think of switching, too.
I was a faithful Optimum NO-Lye user for years (with only shoulder-length hair though, that was pre LHCF :ohwell:) because I loved the texture it gave me.
That breakage-defense sounds good. I am contemplating their multi-mineral formula too...

I was a faithful user of Optimum until I tried the new mild relaxer. I put my sister's in first and she kept complaining about how much it burned. I thought maybe she scratched or something. But then she did mine and I made her wash it out before the time was up! My scalp hurt afterwards. My sister said it was even worse. We have done each other's hair for years and have used Optimum many times. I am wondering if anyone else experienced this?

Back