ORS Relaxer box kit vs. ORS Professional...which to buy?

simplyhair

I think I have narrowed down my choice of relaxer to ORS. It seems that everyone uses the box kit. But I totally forgot that there is a Professional box with just the activator and relaxer base.

I'm not concerned about the extra items in the kit since I already have a few bottles of the Replenishing Cond. I plan on buying the big bottle of the Creamy Aloe Poo even if I buy the kit.

Has anyone used the Professional No Lye http://organicrootstimulator.com/products/39? Is it the same product as the box kit? Or, are the ingredients ordered differently in the Professional?

This will be my first self relax. I plan on adding oils/conditioner to give me some time during the application.

TIA!

hair7

I used the box kit...not sure about the other. I picked up a box Friday and noticed the professional jar contained lye....a no no for my hair :nono:. I noticed you said you will be adding oils and conditioner to give you more time. Are you adding that to the relaxer or your hair?

simplyhair

I used the box kit...not sure about the other. I picked up a box Friday and noticed the professional jar contained lye....a no no for my hair :nono:. I noticed you said you will be adding oils and conditioner to give you more time. Are you adding that to the relaxer or your hair?

I will add the oils/conditioner to the relaxer itself. Yea, the individual jar does contain lye. But I was looking at the bigger box for Professional that says No Lye.

MissMusic

i have not used the no-lye professional, but the only difference is that the professional box has two applications. It does not contain the neutralizing shampoo, conditioner, lotion or mouse that the non-professional kit contains. Just relaxer, activator, mixing stick,

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I had this same question before and yes, they're exactly the same relaxers. When you open the box you'll see the jar looks just like the one from the regular kit. My hair relaxed just the same with it. I bought the no-lye professional box.

I'm sure you probably already know but just in case, you'll need your own neutralizer with that one though.

BadMamaJama

I want to bump this up. I'm looking at ORS and I also saw the no lye professional. I don't know what the difference is, but they sell an actual neut shampoo for it. Has anyone else used it? TIA

NaiyaAi

It's the exact same thing. The professional box is usually a two-pack, so if you don't need the extra things in the kit, you could save money by using the professional box.

BadMamaJama

So now I'm wondering why do they sell an actual nuet shampoo for it and only the creamy aloe shampoo with the box kit. I know I always use a nuet shampoo when I relax. My last relaxer I used ORS Creamy Aloe to chelate after I nuet and that is a keeper.