OUCH HELP MY NAPE IS IN PAIN!!!

Nanyanika

Ladies i just had my own hair braided by some teenage girls, they did it soo tight that my nape is sore with red bumps. What can i use on that area, i've already rinsed my scalp under the shower it only made a diffrence to the front of my head, my nape area is killing me, i don't want to lose hair because my hair is fine at the back. thanks

balisi

Is the back braided in individuals or cornrows? Nevermind, I think I would just take those suckas out!

nychaelasymone

two words "traction alopecia"....that alone would make me take them out. It's not worth it. You have signs of stress so listen to your scalp....take them out!

determine3

ITA- I would take them out. I was a frequent braider and anytime they were that tight, I ended up losing hair in that area. I heard the Dr. Miracles braid relief spray can help.

Nanyanika

thanks ladies for your advice, i'll take them out as soon as possible, the last thing i need is to lose hair, especially when things are going so well.

Nanyanika

determine3 said:
ITA- I would take them out. I was a frequent braider and anytime they were that tight, I ended up losing hair in that area. I heard the Dr. Miracles braid relief spray can help.
Thanks for suggesting the Dr Miracles product, i've been spraying my hair regularly and i don't notice much difference.

melodee

If you can't find Dr. Miracles, Sulfur 8 has a braid spray with anti itch properties that soothes sore spots or bumps. Sorry this happened, Den. I've had this and know how painful it can be.:(

Nanyanika

melodee said:
If you can't find Dr. Miracles, Sulfur 8 has a braid spray with anti itch properties that soothes sore spots or bumps. Sorry this happened, Den. I've had this and know how painful it can be.:(
Do you think my sulfur oil mix could work on the sores? thanks

WomanlyCharm

The sores probably won't fully heal until the braids are taken out. I'm not sure about using sulfur on them...try some neosporin or cortizone first.

remnant

Please Den, take them out!
I remember that in the beginning of my weave challenge a braider braided my hair so tightly( i don't know why I waited so long) that I removed them 7 days later... so painful!

Candy_C

take them out den, dont even think about it. when i was in that much pain i fort "*** this" i dont care how much i paid or how long it spent. if its causin u pain then they aint meant to be there ;)

ekomba

den1 said:
Ladies i just had my own hair braided by some teenage girls, they did it soo tight that my nape is sore with red bumps. What can i use on that area, i've already rinsed my scalp under the shower it only made a diffrence to the front of my head, my nape area is killing me, i don't want to lose hair because my hair is fine at the back. thanks

aww Den they braided it tight even though i love the hairstyle even the baby hairs. mine too is braided kinda tight and she ripped all my hair combing with a tiny comb what i did i put wgo and gueye s oil between the rows, in the hairline and on the cornrows it was so soothing specially the gueyes oil even massage olive oil and rosemary oil between the rows and the frontline sometimes i even put grease in between it soothes my scalp and avoids the bump cause my head feels sore. i m try to keep mine the longest i can cause i dont want to do some after that so it better stay the whole winter:mad: but it always like that the braiders always braid too tight for me nobody can do it right that s why i dont go there often man i m just trying to tolerate through the spring then its over . see if you get relief from the oil mix or the grease between the rows and try the braid spray for the itching as well that you may get from using the grease on the scalp also put vaseline or grease on the bumps i always do that on my nape. if you see it s too unbereable then take it out

Last edited:

Miss*Tress

Den, once you take the braids out, rub an antiseptic ointment on the sore areas. If you have red bumps, your scalp is likely to be infected. Leave the sulphur and the hair potions alone for now.

Last edited:

Nanyanika

Ladies, i've been sprizting my cornrows with water, solera and sulfur on the nape, my head is not aching too bad now, i'm going to see how they feel tormorrow before deciding to remove the braids. i know you probably think i'm crazy. i 'll report back tormorrow with my decision. next time i'll stick with my regular stylist.

Nanyanika

ekomba said:
aww Den they braided it tight even though i love the hairstyle even the baby hairs. mine too is braided kinda tight and she ripped all my hair combing with a tiny comb what i did i put wgo and gueye s oil between the rows, in the hairline and on the cornrows it was so soothing specially the gueyes oil even massage olive oil and rosemary oil between the rows and the frontline sometimes i even put grease in between it soothes my scalp and avoids the bump cause my head feels sore. i m try to keep mine the longest i can cause i dont want to do some after that so it better stay the whole winter:mad: but it always like that the braiders always braid too tight for me nobody can do it right that s why i dont go there often man i m just trying to tolerate through the spring then its over . see if you get relief from the oil mix or the grease between the rows and try the braid spray for the itching as well that you may get from using the grease on the scalp also put vaseline or grease on the bumps i always do that on my nape. if you see it s too unbereable then take it out

Ekomba you TOO!!! i'm glad your head is feeling better. This would never had happened if i asked my stylist, but i was low on cash and i couldn't have my hair looking a mess anymore. Most people tend to do braids too tight, i'll never ask anyone else to do my hair again. I just applied some sulfur to my nape and it seems to be soothing the sores. i also applied my Solera hair nutrient formula which contains some menthol, to soothe my scalp its appears to be helping so far. i'll keep up with the sulfur, i know it is a great skin healer, i will continue spraying water.

Last edited:

ekomba

den1 said:
Ekomba you TOO!!! i'm glad your head is feeling better. This would never had happened if i asked my stylist, but i was low on cash and i couldn't have my hair looking a mess anymore. Most people tend to do braids too tight, i'll never ask anyone else to do my hair again. I just applied some sulfur to my nape and it seems to be soothing the sores. i also applied my Solera hair nutrient formula which contains some menthol, to soothe my scalp its appears to be helping so far. i'll keep up with the sulfur, i know it is a great skin healer, i will continue spraying water.

me they always braid it too tight that s why i only get it braided like once in a blue moon. i usually try to keep it 2 months at a time with as much growth possible like 2-3inch and then take it out not manipulate it. now it s tolerable cause i have them first braid with my hair then add the extensions but i always get breakage in the front once i remove the braid. i m try to put the mtg after a few days. but girl i m so used to them braiding it too tight. the girl had the nerves to tell me next time to put some relaxer even for 5mns so her hands dont get sore :mad: she really ripped my hair so i can t be bothered i m try to leave it a month if not 3 months and just apply the stuff and when i see 2-3inch i remove it i can t deal with my hair right now its too dry but i be good i m used to it its just my hairline that needs help:mad: :look: i m about to splurge on that nioxin follicle booster to minimize damage once i remove it the rest is solid is just the hairline that s not strong

Nanyanika

ekomba said:
me they always braid it too tight that s why i only get it braided like once in a blue moon. i usually try to keep it 2 months at a time with as much growth possible like 2-3inch and then take it out not manipulate it. now it s tolerable cause i have them first braid with my hair then add the extensions but i always get breakage in the front once i remove the braid. i m try to put the mtg after a few days. but girl i m so used to them braiding it too tight. the girl had the nerves to tell me next time to put some relaxer even for 5mns so her hands dont get sore :mad: she really ripped my hair so i can t be bothered i m try to leave it a month if not 3 months and just apply the stuff and when i see 2-3inch i remove it i can t deal with my hair right now its too dry but i be good i m used to it its just my hairline that needs help:mad: :look: i m about to splurge on that nioxin follicle booster to minimize damage once i remove it the rest is solid is just the hairline that s not strong
Ekomba please don't let dem hairdressers destroy your pretty hair, don't go back to them. Is your hair feeling a little dry, try your co washes and the plastic cap method, that should help, have you stated msm sagain?

ekomba

den1 said:
Ekomba please don't let dem hairdressers destroy your pretty hair, don't go back to them. Is your hair feeling a little dry, try your co washes and the plastic cap method, that should help, have you stated msm sagain?

Yes Den i started thanks God but i saw so much of my hair on the floor its no joke and i had detangled before going it was the last time i m going. Since i m natural it s so hard to get braided without the braiders being reluctant and asking if they can perm slightly so it easier on them. i ll wait til i get back home to redo braids and stick to my twists . i have to do my own damn hair. they just told me wow my hair grew so fast but she ripped it all so i dont know what state they will be in when i remove but i cant stomach to remove now i just did them yesterday and i m gonna keep them for at least a good 1 month if not three and go back to what works hopefully the resting stage will be good to them. But i swear i m taking care of my own hair cause the reason they rip it imagine put a tiny comb and trying to comb from the roots even me who combs from root to tips use the big yellow comb not the tiniest little comb that u use to separate the hair :eek: with that little one i lost so much hair its ridiculous. i m surprised i still have head on my hair.

its hard finding a good braider i live in Harlem. and it s like they a lot of braiders but they hound you and seem so forceful "braided miss braided miss! " that i never found one i m happy with and i think i never really had the problem cause i used to perm but they hate dealing with natural hair like mine they say its nappy and hurts their hands they have to go really slow and keep making noise with their mouths with attitude ,sucking their teeth every 2 seconds so i understand how i m getting on their nerves so that s unless i maxiglide before going to them but i m tired of the headache and from now on will do my own hair:mad: (she even had the nerve to tell me next time to put a perm in my head if she wants me to do it)

and i think my hair is so dry cause i stopped doing the baggie method for a while and taking the msm when i run out as well as my pills and was going out my head uncovered in that harsh weather. Now that i received everything, my biotin, my msm and all i m going back to baggie method mtg et al starting friday cause my father just arrived for a few days and i m go see him tomorrow. I did the braids to be presentable while he has his conferences at the UN i did not want to walk around with my twists it would take too much time to get ready and everything so Friday i go back to baggie and mtg. I dont want my head to smell funny around his friends hahha

Last edited:

Nanyanika

ekomba said:
Yes Den i started thanks God but i saw so much of my hair on the floor its no joke and i had detangled before going it was the last time i m going. Since i m natural it s so hard to get braided without the braiders being reluctant and asking if they can perm slightly so it easier on them. i ll wait til i get back home to redo braids and stick to my twists . i have to do my own damn hair. they just told me wow my hair grew so fast but she ripped it all so i dont know what state they will be in when i remove but i cant stomach to remove now i just did them yesterday and i m gonna keep them for at least a good 1 month if not three and go back to what works hopefully the resting stage will be good to them. But i swear i m taking care of my own hair cause the reason they rip it imagine put a tiny comb and trying to comb from the roots even me who combs from root to tips use the big yellow comb not the tiniest little comb that u use to separate the hair :eek: with that little one i lost so much hair its ridiculous. i m surprised i still have head on my hair. its hard finding a good braider i live in Harlem. and it s like they a lot of braiders but they hound you and seem so forceful "braided miss braided miss! " that i never found one i m happy with and i think i never really had the problem cause i used to perm but they hate dealing with natural hair like mine they say its nappy and hurts their hands they have to go really slow and keep making noise with their mouths with attitude ,sucking their teeth every 2 seconds so i understand how i m getting on their nerves so that s unless i maxiglide before going to them but i m tired of the headache and from now on will do my own hair:mad: (she even had the nerve to tell me next time to put a perm in my head if she wants me to do it)
Naw that is not right!! how can theyu diss your hair like that, when i was natural that is exactly what they used to say about my hair, how its too thick and time consuming and how i should get it relaxed so its easirt on them. hairdressers have a nerve. Purchase a braiding video like robins and do your own hair, you canm't afford for them to ruin your progress. i had my roots to ends ripped with a finetooth comb too. Do not go back

ekomba

den1 said:
Naw that is not right!! how can theyu diss your hair like that, when i was natural that is exactly what they used to say about my hair, how its too thick and time consuming and how i should get it relaxed so its easirt on them. hairdressers have a nerve. Purchase a braiding video like robins and do your own hair, you canm't afford for them to ruin your progress. i had my roots to ends ripped with a finetooth comb too. Do not go back

hum i need to buy me a braiding video but at suck at braiding. i cant even cornrow my husband's hair so i only do him 4-6 plaits and put in a ponytail. Aw man i wish i knew how to braid its seem so complicated. i always dreamed of sporting french braids but that looks even more difficult. Imagine the shame i wont even be able to braid my own kids hair:(
my nape does feel tight like i put glue in the back ahhaa i know i m cracking jokes but ahahha it relieves anger and stress haha oh well in a few days it will be gone usually i wash the hair the same day and dont feel the tighness but i have to meet my father i want the hair to stay neat when he lives i deal with it

Last edited:

Nanyanika

ekomba said:
hum i need to buy me a braiding video but at suck at braiding. i cant even cornrow my husband's hair so i only do him 4-6 plaits and put in a ponytail. Aw man i wish i knew how to braid its seem so complicated. i always dreamed of sporting french braids but that looks even more difficult. Imagine the shame i wont even be able to braid my own kids hair:(
Don't worry with lots of practice you will learn to braid your kids hair

ekomba

den1 said:
Don't worry with lots of practice you will learn to braid your kids hair

Thanks for the encouragements girl:D :p :) i feel a lil better after all that mental beatdown i took yesterday. its hard to defend your hair when your hairdresser make you feel like a piece of turd

Nanyanika

ekomba said:
Thanks for the encouragements girl:D :p :) i feel a lil better after all that mental beatdown i took yesterday. its hard to defend your hair when your hairdresser make you feel like a piece of turd
I'm glad your in better spirits now, as we converse, do you know how much my scalp is tingling lol I think my new vits are working already.

ekomba

den1 said:
I'm glad your in better spirits now, as we converse, do you know how much my scalp is tingling lol I think my new vits are working already.

ahhaha thats why i need my vits asap i been bad i only took the msm and none of the vits cause i got my periods yesterday and was feeling sick but by friday i should resume everything and i m be wearing my plastic cap day and night i can tell the difference. i cant wait to get started. when i dont use my vits i m so back to my slow pace and my hair dont look the same drier and breaking so i need to get back on track and congrats and keep up with the vits i m resume soon:grin: i think i need to get some huil masketi my hair was never dry when i used it

Nanyanika

ekomba said:
ahhaha thats why i need my vits asap i been bad i only took the msm and none of the vits cause i got my periods yesterday and was feeling sick but by friday i should resume everything and i m be wearing my plastic cap day and night i can tell the difference. i cant wait to get started. when i dont use my vits i m so back to my slow pace and my hair dont look the same drier and breaking so i need to get back on track and congrats and keep up with the vits i m resume soon:grin: i think i need to get some huil masketi my hair was never dry when i used it
Take your time when your feeling better resume your vitamins, oh i still haven't forgotten the jucing receipes, i had some today, it was lovely and very tasty.