Ouidad Moisturizing Shampoo and conditioner!!!

India08

Hey Guys!!!
I purchased a misturizing condition - and shampoo - called quenchers by Ouidad (website is www.ouidad.com) they have a quiz on line to get hair type and product. Thier conditioner made my hair feel like butter!!!! I have never felt anythin like this on my head - and she specialty is curly hair, she has a salon in NYC, but you can purchased her stuff on line. She even has a shampoo to use if your water is hard - the products are not expensive, but very "quenching" to the hair!!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I keep saying I'm going to try the Water Works shampoo, but the sles, sls and the witch hazel worry me...

I bought the starter kit after I read her book. I liked the climate control gel and the deep conditioner. The deep conditioner felt very slippery going on. I like that! I only had an inch or two of new growth when I tried them, though. I don't know how they would work on my hair now... I keep waiting for her to lower her prices. $50 for 8 oz of conditioner is waaaaaaaay out of my price range!

Lindy

Thanks India,
I've been thinking about trying their products.

They also have something called "Climate Control Gel" that supposedly won an award for being the best frizz fighter. It's pretty expensive though!! Has anyone tried it??? The "Botanical Boost" spray also looks very interesting. I'm so tempted, but I need to see some reviews first!!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I used it with a
ssshhhh... blow dryer to straighten my new growth when I was still on the fence about whether or not to stop relaxing my hair. I didn't have more than 2" of new growth at the time. It worked. My roots stayed smooth and straight all day. I finished the sample by using it to hold my hair back in my bun. My hair stayed flat and it didn't draw up as much, but it was too stiff and crunchy. It's hard to tell with relaxed ends, but it held my natural hair in a curly/nappy puff without a lot of shrinkage (whoo hoo!). But again--it was kinda crispy...

Allandra

Under instructions, they should put: use only a teensy weensy amount. This stuff must be good. At those prices, they probably don't do samples, huh?

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
but it was too stiff and crunchy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Sassygirl; say no more... I hate stiff, crunchy hair!!

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
Under instructions, they should put: use only a teensy weensy amount. This stuff must be good. At those prices, they probably don't do samples, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

The instructions for the deep conditioner actually say...use 2oz for shoulder length hair, so under those instructions a person with shoulder length hair would use up the whole $50 bottle after just 4 treatments!!!!

India08

I have used the climate control and it works great! I have purchased the 8 oz. bottles. I brought the line that was recommended for me, and my hair was rockin'!!

The climate control kept my new growth under climate control! THe deep conditioner is amazing!!! I think since she makes her products with curly hair in mind (her hair is very curly!!!) the products are moisture packed! My cousin has curly hair, and she went their for a haircut, they have special scissors just to cut curly hair, and a technique for cutting curly hair - my cousin has hair like Cree Summer(?) and her hair looked really, really nice! and her curls were glistening in the sun, and it was soft and shiney! That is why I brought it.

To me, a good deep conditioner, and moisturizer is worth it - the shampoo I can work around... Secret
(My godmother never had any kids, she took care of me when I was little, and I spent weekends with her...well she spoils me rotten, I take good care of her too! She buys me stuff for my hair all the time - she looks like a spanish Nancy Wilson! and for 62, she looks amazing! When I told her my hair was falling out due to my thyroid - she brought me the entire "Vonte" line, never heard of it, but she saids it is getting great reviews in L.A.) She brought others as well - so I do get some help!!

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
the 8 oz conditioner is $8.00!!! not $50.00 - I would never pay $50.00 for 8 oz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which conditioner did you get? I was looking at the Deep Conditioning Treatment. That's the one that's $50 for 8oz.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Cree Summer's hair... I can only dream...

I am transitioning so my results probably aren't the norm... Most liquid gels (ie: Sebastian Wet) dry soft on my hair, but this one didn't. In Ouidad's defense, she does say to put pomade on your hands and run your fingers through your hair to loosen the crunch. When I tried this I ended up with an afro.
Or as my male friend like to call it--a half-fro!

(The more I touch my hair, the frizzier it gets...)

Lindy

I just wrote them to ask if they send out free samples, but they don't...
They suggested I buy their "starter set" for $30.00, which comes with a 30 day money-back guarantee... (I don't think I want to try it THAT badly!!
)

MissB

I purchased the Curl Quencher shampoo and conditioner over the weekend. I had to use 4 drops of shampoo before my hair lathered. The shampoo made my hair hard. However, it does contain protein. I was afraid to try the conditioner since it contains keratin and my hair is freshly relaxed. I am glad that it worked for others on the board. I'm not sure about this line for 4A/4B hair.

Thanks,

MissB

CurleeDST

Free sample of Deep Treatment

They have a special on the site where you can get a free sample of deep treatment (2 oz) for $6 S&H so I ordered it and tried it today. I mixed it with honey and went under the dryer and my hair is shiny but I am not sold on it yet. My hair feels crunchy but it could be the Elixir mixed with Be Curly by Aveda. Either way, I probably need to try it again before giving a final verdict.

BTW I only used 1 oz of the product on my hair b/c it saturated my hair fully vs. the 2 oz per use which is recommended.