Ovation Cell Therapy For Traction Alopecia?!

crumbling_images

I contacted www.ovationhair.com to see if their products could help with a specific hair loss called traction alopecia. I wore tight braids for a long time and now I have a section of my hair that has thinned out considerably. I've used MN, BT, ORS balm and others. I'm not sure how much value to place on this Ovation Cell Therapy but here's what company told me:

Thank you for your interest in our products

Yes, Cell Therapy can help with traction alopecia. It will address the hair loss in two ways:
Cell therapy will make your hair stronger and reduce breakage.
If your hair is already damaged from the alopecia it will accelerate the rate at which your hair grows back.

I don’t have a sheet or file that lists our ingredients to send you. However they are listed on our bottles. If you would like to call me directly I will gladly read them off to you. Is there a particular ingredient you need to avoid or are you perhaps looking for moisturizing ingredients? I’d be happy to discuss with you.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have additional questions.

Merry Christmas,
Ovation Personal Care Products by DC Labs
1-888-411-3252 x110
www.ovationhair.com

I will order this product and decide for myself. I'll keep y'all posted.

Nita81

I got this from Sareca's thread...she purchased cell therapy and stated the ingredients are:

Deionized water, glyceryl sterate, steralkonium chloride, cetearyl alcohol (derived from palm oil), PEG-40 castor oil, cetrimonuim chlorid, hydrolyzed keratin, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, DM DM Hydantion, methylparaben, prophlparaben, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance

Here's the thread.HTH http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=178665

tt8

Hi Ladies...
I looked on Sareca's post and she started using the Ovation and stated that it has a money back guarantee. And you know if she recommend something its bible and you can't go wrong on the guarantee either. I saw the ingredients and it reminded me of the product they use on my scalp at the salon I go to in LA. Its called EC Mode Scalp Therapy Revitalizer. They use all botanicals and the ingredients are (listed below) very similar to the Ovation. It has helped tremendously with my scalp health and cost effective to just to try out. HTH
http://ecmode.com/content/CN_Product_Detail.aspx?Product_Catalog_Number=37216

Key Ingredients and their Benefits:
  • Vitamin E Acetate helps moisturize scalp tissue, protects skin from oxidation.
  • Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) normalizes natural exfoliation rate of scalp, promotes collagen development for healthy skin tissue, reduces inflammation.
  • EDTA is a chelating agent that helps lift minerals.
  • Rosemary stimulates and energizes skin.
  • Cranesbill is a refreshing, natural cleanser.
  • Nettle acts as an antiseptic and stimulates circulation.
  • Chamomile helps decrease inflammation.
  • Quassia helps rid the scalp of harmful bacteria.
  • Propylene Glycol is a nourishing humectant and skin conditioner
  • Aloe Vera Gel soothes and heals dry, itchy skin
  • Panthenol penetrates the hair shaft to protect hair’s strength and moisture.