Overprocessed Hair

JetBlack

Peace & Love
Hi ladies! Greetings from Washington DC !! I'm a new member and I'm extremely excited about sharing and getting information on haircare. I've started getting my hair back into a healthy state; however, it's been a long process. About 5 months ago, a stylist overprocessed my hair while perming it. As a result, my hair had thinned out and would shed like I've never seen it do before. I was even nervous to comb or brush it. Over the last few months, I've been using AVEDA shampoos and conditioners. I've seen a good deal of improvement. Although my hair still sheds somewhat, it's not half as bad now. Can you ladies give me any advice (procedures, more products) on how to get through this nerve-wrecking stage I'm experiencing? Please HELP !!!!!

aprilbiz

Welcome to the board! I've had the same problem...unfortunately a few times... Someone just posted a great thread on repairing damage

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/s...;o=&fpart=1

I've had great success with Aphogee Treatment for Damaged hair. I've also had good results from using Surge Hair Revitalizer Plus 14. You have to make sure to moisturize moisturize moisturize, as both these products contain protein. Finding the right balance between protein and moisture restored my hair.

When you get a chance to do some reading, start as far back as you can and go through the threads... You'll pick up some excellent product information. Good luck to you!

queenofmean68

Hi!

I'm so sorry to hear that you are having issues with your hair. I'm going thru similar issues myself....
Have you tried using a protein reconstructor? Right now I am using Nexxus Emergencee, so far it is pretty good, kinda pricey though. $15 for 3.3oz Dudley's DRC is really good, but it can run anywhere from $30-50 dollars and some places won't sell it to you unless you have a license.
How are you styling your hair?

Blacktresses

A cheaper version of Nexxus Emergencee is QP Breakage Control Serum. I think I like it more than the Nexxus Emergencee. The consisency of the serum is a little thicker. I also thick you get more for you money ( depending on where you live I guess). Give it a try. HTH (Hope This Helps)!!!!

Aerie17

Thanks, for this thread! My last touch up, I thought my hair might have been overprocessed, but I seemed to have conditioned my hair into a pretty good place and it survived. I got a new touch-up Friday and I noticed again, a roughness around my hairline yesterday. Now, I could not believe I was overprocessed again, but today, I noticed it is definitely thinner in one spot and at the hairline in general and I am NOT HAPPY! I have gone to my hair dresser for several years. All this care of my hair and a touch-up does this!?!
I thought maybe the color I used may have done something, but I have used the same color for a couple of years now and not had adverse effects. I did try a new color Jan. 17, but it did not affect my hair badly either and I would expect that if it had anything to do with this, it would have shown up before now. I don't use any color that has ammonia in it. I did protein and moisture treatments this evening, but did not do the heavy duty stuff; just did not have time. Will do that on Wednesday. Thanks again, for the thread. I came online just to look for suggestions, and this is the first thread I read! I must have missed it the first time around.

JetBlack

Peace & Love
Thanks ladies! I've heard of some of these products before. It will be worth the money just to contribute to a healthy head of hair. Thanks! Jet Black

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I am in the same boat. Overprocessed by a stylist. I'm never going back 2 a stylist and thanx 2 the ladies here, I am making a slight comeback. I've learned how to do a pre poo treatment, cond. washes-that's a great way 2 keep hair moisturized, and air drying, which i am shocked that it worked for me. You will find so much good info here. WELCOME to a year of better hair!