MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I was considering trying the following products by Oyin Handmade:

Hair Dew
Burnt Sugar Pomade
Whipped Pudding
Shine & Define
Honey Hemp Conditioner

Have any of you tried any of these products? If so, did you like/dislike them? Why?

TIA

Curlykutie

Yes and I love them all. Hair dew great moisturizer, burnt sugar pomade good for laying down edges and sealer. Honey hemp conditioner love it and the smell is divine. The rest I like but don't too much.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Curlykutie why didn't you like the shine & define, or the whipped pudding? Curlmart is having a 15% off sale with $2 shipping so I was going to try all the above products, but I wanted to get some feedback/reviews, before I took the plunge.

jazzerz

I love the hair dew and whipped pudding. My hair is really thick and the whipped pudding was a great moisturizer for right before bed when I was retwisting.

Was thinking about trying out the pomades. Curlmart seems to be having more and more sales. Good for them!

Ogoma

I have used them all except for the Shine and Define.

I like the performance of most of the products I have used, I am just sensitive to the smell of some of them. Their products have strong scents and make me nauseous after a while.

Honey Hemp - like as a co-wash and rinse out; moisturizing with great slip; hate the smell and it lingers so never use as a leave-in; hate they "expire" so quickly

Hair Dew - I use it as a leave-in, to style, and to remoisturize; great moisture bang for me; the smell lingers and clings to everything; I tend not to use close to bedtime or I would not sleep.

Whipped Pudding - use as a moisturizer and styling agent; surprisingly love this product as it gives me lasting moisture; used as a leave-in Wednesday morning and my hair is still feeling great at this moment!; the smell goes away after a while so not as intense as the other two.

Burnt Sugar - strong, strong smell; I couldn't figure out what to use it for; no matter how little I used, it was too greasy for my hair. I don't have much use for pomades in general so that may be why.

HanaKuroi

I loved everything except the whipped pudding. The smell made me sick to my stomach! I couldn't even look at the jar!

I use oyin hair dew every day or so. I am about to place an order for their skin stuff.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Evolving78

i loved the Hair Dew and Burnt Sugar Pomade!

the honey dew for a good moisturizer and i love the scent!
the pomade was really good for slicking down edges, twists, coils, braids, etc... it can attract moisture too! it has soy wax in it! i adore the scent!

they both smell like sugar or butter cookies to me! men like the scent too. my ex hubby sniffed my hair a lot! and i used it on my dd and ds. i haven't been odering hair products lately, but these are part of my favorite.

MsChelle

I have all of the products listed above and would purchase all of them again. The scents are strong but they always fade. The only one that doesn't fade is the burnt sugar pomade. I like the scent of it so it doesn't bother me.

danigurl18

I love the Hair Dew! I keep a big bottle of it in the house. It keeps my hair nice and moisturized for days!

nakialovesshoes

From your list, I've only used the Honey Hemp cond & I absolutely love it! IMO, it's very versatile for my hair. I can use it as a DC, CW cond or even a LI. It has wonderful slip. I'm surprised to hear people complain about the scent. I like it & it's not too strong for me. But lately I think I'm having smell issues b/c I can't smell the coconut/mango in my KBB but I've had people smell the jar & compliment it. I swear I can't smell a thing.

Sorry for getting off topic. I also use their Juices & Berries, which is not on your list. I also like it very much. It's a light, non greasy moisturizer that I use when I'm doing the LOC method.

majinbuu252

I just recently ordered their Hair Dew and I love it. Its a creamy consistency and its not too heavy. The smell is divine its similar to bath & body works vanilla sugar, if youre familiar with it, but a little sweeter? Idk, but I love it and its not too strong for me and my nose is like a hound lol. I used it yesterday as my leave in after cowashing with Elucence and my hair is still very moist. It doesnt leave a greasy feeling when I rub my fingers together after touching my hair.

I purchased the 8oz and I parted my hair in quarters, and used about a dime size amount on each section. Next time I will get the bigger size.

Last edited:

Ann0804

I like Oyin Handmade. I use the Hair Dew twice daily to moisturize my hair and it works well. I often use the Burnt Sugar Pomade to seal or to style my hair into twists. It smells really nice- like baked goods. The Whipped Pudding I use when I blow out and flat iron my hair- so I rarely use it. I just ordered the Juices and Berries so I will update once I have used that one. Overall (in my opinion) their products are great and the prices are reasonable.

JerriBlank

I love Honey Hemp.
They changed a few of their ingredients,and I was turning my nose up at the new products.
I bought them again recently,and I don't know how I survived almost a year without the Hair dew.
That stuff was my holy grail when it first came out. I went through bottles,within a few weeks. LOL!
I am just as hooked this time around.:yep:
That hair dew,especially is an outstanding product.

SimJam

hair dew was my boo about a year to 18 months ago, been since replaced by HV moist 24/7

still use the BSP but not often and just on my edges/nape when doing a sleek bun or puff. For me it seems to leave a film on my hair and it doesn't play nice with other products.

I like the "juices" but I make my own tea spritz that Im totally in love with

HATED honey hemp, the smell was overpowering and it did nothing but wrong for my hair ... I gave it away.

havnt tried the other products, mainly because I over Oyin

ShiShiPooPoo

hair dew= just ok, a little greasy
honey hemp= wonderful...get the big size.
burnt sugar=ok. strong smell. i like the berry pomade.

Kindheart

Berry Juice - Smells great but makes my hair sticky and yucky.
Oyin whipped - smells of
hershey's chocolate,DH hates it . It's an ok products ,very greasy.
Hemp conditioner- this is one of the first natural conditioners i tried .
It's Nothing special , very light and fairly moisturizing, but IMO there are much better products out there .

Honeywash- love this for my little one,leaves his skin buttery soft , smelling delicious.

Burnt sugar- Smells of burnt sugar/toffee, it s great to sniff in the jar but on the hair it smells of "flat iron burnt" dirty hair . It's also very greasy it's comparable to KBB love butter.

Shine and Define is nice and smells zesty leaves the hair soft and shiny.

Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Burnt Sugar Pomade - great for sealing and slicking nape / edges; love the smell.
Shine & Define - great for slicking nape / edges.
Honey Hemp Conditioner - great co-wash conditioner for moisture.
ETA: Juices & Berries - love it for detangling / moisture boost.

Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Ladies, Thank You for your reviews! I just placed my order with Curl Mart, so I'll let you know how I like the products, once I receive them and I've had a chance to try them out.

*Frisky*

I like all of those except Shine and Define. Did nothing for my hair and the consistency of it gets icky and runny after awhile. Hair Dew is my favorite.

RUBY

I've looked on the website but can't seem to find the answer as they only put this info next to retain products, but do the burnt sugar pomades go off/expire?

Eta: I went back to the website and realised that I had to scroll down to read the IMO and it says a year for the pomades.

So now my question has anyone kept their pomade for more than a year and was it ok? And for their other products has anyone kept them for more than the recommended time and was still able to use them ok?

I wanna know ow stringent the time frames are to use their products safely.

Last edited:

Beamodel

^^ I had my hair dew for almost two years and it worked fine. I still have the pomade but I don't really use it. It still smells divine too, after almost two years. HTH

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I've tried Hair Dew, Honey Hemp Conditioner, Shine & Define, Juices & Berries and Burnt Sugar Pomade. The only one I would repurchase is Burnt Sugar Pomade. :ohwell: I WOULD have repurchased J&B, but I found an even better spray in Soultanicals Hair Sorrell. :lick:

The line as a whole was pretty disappointing for me, there just wasn't enough moisture for my super dry, type 4 hair.

I will say that Hair Dew worked fantastically for my two girls who have type silky 3c and soft, cottony 4a hair. But for my dry, coarse, wiry hair? Nope.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Sitting on a Gallon of Honey Hemp i.e. x2 Liters. Need to get to those soon. Love it for Cowashing. Maybe this summer.:yep:

I also have x2 Hair Dews that were sent to me by 2 Nikos Cousins. Have not tried either. Need to smell them because I've had them for a while.:look: And they're not in the Fridge. Everything else is tho'

I promised this Summa' Imma get down with some Lotions, so maybe I'll be pulling those out along with a few others.

I've had J&B, Greg and Franks several times but either ended up Swapping or Selling before trying.:perplexed

I did have BSP and liked it. I currently have a Jar of Sugar Berries, but haven't pulled it out yet.

I'm still dating the Hair Dew :grin:. It's light enough for my hair and it moisturizes pretty good.

The Burnt Sugar Pomade is awesome. I use it to add some slickness to my buns and puff. Also, I use it on my sons' hair.

The Juices & Berries spritz is worth a try. It added moisture to my hair without any drying ingredients.

The only item that was pretty meh to me was the Honey Hemp conditioner. I haven't ordered it since the first time.

I've ordered Oyin Handmade products for almost three years.