Paging Anyone

keeshesfromindy

I thought about me getting my relaxer every four weeks. My hairdresser doesn't let it stay on for a long time, she doesn't like to get my hair bone straight. She will look at my hair and say, it looks like it hasn't been done in about 8 weeks. I know I should go longer, but my hair sheds and breaks off so badly right before a relaxer, it's a shame. I need to make a decision to go longer between relaxers. I plan on talking to her. I had another sylist tell me, i need it done every four weeks.

confused.

adrienne0914

how long is your hair, keeshe? and how fast do you say it grows in a four week period? unless it's growing incredibly fast, you risk overlapping and doing more harm than good. i personally don't recommend that at all. i'd say you need to find ways to soften your new growth. in doing so, that will cut down on the amount of breakage where the two textures meet.

adrienne

keeshesfromindy

It touches my shoulders, and I've been thinking i just need to control my new growth also. So next time we try things my way, if not I could go to another stylist.

adrienne0914

EXACTLY! go head, girl! i mean they'll tell you to get a retouch sooner because it's simpler for THEM to deal with your hair, but it's not what's best for your hair's health.

how do you normally wear your hair on a daily basis? i have great success with curl activator to soften mine. i have to wear my hair in a bun for it to be most effective though.

adrienne

keeshesfromindy

I've tried scurl, but my hair is still kinda dry. I tried care free gold, ill see how that goes. I've bought so many products. I have part my hair in sections and put oil on each piece in the action. Time consuming but i have thick hair, just wish it would growth length wise.
Keeshes

adrienne0914

S-Curl and Carefree Curl are pretty light activators. have you tried anything heavier? when i want a heavy one, i use World of Curls. i mix it with gel so my hair will stay put all day. this has worked well for me.

adrienne

adrienne0914

they have it at almost all of the beauty supplies that i go to. they have it at grocery stores here too. lol! here is how the jar looks: