Paging Pebbles

Jada

Hi Pebbles, I noticed 2 things one that you live in Massachusetts which I do as well I live in Roslindale, also, I looked up your post and your e-mail says Etienne, I was just wondering if you have a sister named Mishella? if so it certainly is a small world, just the other day she told me about her sister who is using the Cathy Howse method and how well her hair is doing could it possibly be you?

pebbles

Hi Jada,

Yes, Mishella is my sister! How nice! She's right about the Cathy Howes method. It has worked well for me. It sure is a small world! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jada

Oh I almost forgot to ask you, have you gone to any of the Dominican Salons in the Roslindale Jamaica Plain area? I have recently started going to Fama's & Intesity Hair both located in Roslindale I think I prefer Fama's because they tend to style short hair very well I have learned a lot by going to the Domincans they are very knowledable about hair and maintaing healthy growing hair.

pebbles

Jada,

I didn't even know there were any in this area! That's great to know. I'm going to try to check them out. I'll make an appointment at both of them and let you know which I prefer. Do they do relaxers there?

Jada

Hi Pebbles, yes they do relaxers as a matter of fact I got a touch-up on Thanksgiving Day (yes they were all open) at Intensity Hair Salon and the woman who did my hair Ingrid charged me $45.00 for a touch-up and a Deep Conditioner and she trimmed the back. The Relaxer she used was by Dudley. It came out very nice and silky they are very informative if you can find someone who speaks english in the shop they tell you exactly what to do to your hair to make it healthy if you want to maintain it at home. They are really into healthy hair and they use top of the line products, I also discovered City Beauty Supply on Centre St in Jamaica Plain (Dominican owned)and they are very willing to tell you what products work well with our hair. My sister-in-law is Dominican and she has helped me give up the grease & oil. Girl, I was devastated at first but my hair is softer and looks healther without the grease & oils that I was using. Tell me about your routine.

pebbles

Hi Jada,

Thanks for the heads up on the supply store. I have to check them out. I'm also glad you told me about the Dominican Hair Salons.

My routine is as follows:
-I wash my hair every 3 days religously, and I deep condition after every wash; no exceptions.
-some of my shampoos: Cream of Nature for dry hair
-Pantene PRO-V Daily Moisture Renewas for dry/damaged hair
-Mizani BotaniFying Conditioning Shampoo
-Nexxus Botanoil Shampoo
These are the shampoos I use the most.

Conditioners:
-Mizani Moisturefuse
-ORS Hair Mayonnaise
-UBH conditioner (by Cathy Howes)-What I use after each wash for deep conditioning

I have a lot more, but these are the ones I'm concentrating on. I have so many products, I have to start using them up. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'm also on bargello's vitamin regime.

Cutting the grease is the best thing I ever did. My hair always looked stringy and weighed down. It was hard at first but now I realize it's the best thing I could have done. /images/graemlins/smile.gif