Paging Tracy and other bun wearers, please r/o!

melangeK

I was really happy to read the instructions on how to fashion a bun using that that twisty, pincurl-esque technique. However, I have a quick question upon trying it on my own hair: how is it supposed to look?

I think I have enough length for this style (my hair is layered, longest layer 3" from bra strap), but when I do it, my short layers are sticking all out the bun and my bun is *really* small b/c I have very fine hair. Any trouble shooting suggestions? I really want to make this work, b/c I love airdyring my hair, and this would make styling super easy! Thanks in advance!

Yours will probably end up looking like mine, a bun-roll thingy.

I don't use gel because I can only do this with a pressed style now. I also don't tie mine up at night to get it smooth, I redo it every morning if I am wearing it like that for a while.

If you follow her instructions on using the gel and wrapping it at night, that should keep most of the hairs from sticking out if you have that problem.

I use 2 big bobby pins, because my hair is fine too, and slips out of those U=shaped pins. I use one to secure the bun, and one on the side of the bun, the side that curls over that bun, and is more prone to have hair sticking out.

I am still looking for an elastic-free bun I can make with my natural hair. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Back