Paging Tracy and all other B-5 takers...

beana3

Tracy, your hair is gorgeous!!! It keeps me very inspired. You let me know that see-through ends can be eliminated.

I just had a vitamin question:
I'm going to start taking my vits AGAIN (i've bee soo inconsistent) and i just wanted to know if this sounds right to you.
I plan on taking EPO 1300mg
a B-complex that contains 400mg b-5
and 5mg biotin
a mutli w/iron

Would you rec that I add an ADDITIONAL b-5 pill to my regime?? I have very fine hair that is densly packed in SOME areas (hence making it appear thick) and loosely packed in others. i would like to plump up my whole strand eventually and get rid of this crappy end situation by december. My hair grows pretty quick (like 8 inches a year) sop my hair would have moved dowwn and these last 3 inches of see-thru ends would be trimmed away.
Sorry if i'm babbling, but does this make sense???.

Tracy

Hey Beana,

Smooches! Makes total sense, baby... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now - I'll tell you what I take/have taken. That breakdown might be, in fact, fine for you, but it isn't what I got my results with....

I also took 5mgs of Biotin, but I took a seperate B5 supplement - (2) 500mgs. capsules for a total of 1000mgs. a day. That was the dosage jade recommended when I began taking the B5. SHe said it'd be best to split it. My lazy, forgetful *** did not listen /images/graemlins/look.gif -but it was fine....so you could go either way on whether to split the dosage into two....I got my best results (I now know in retrospect) from Twinlab brand.

As to the EPO - I don't know alot about EFA's but I've never taken more than 300mgs.or so. I'm not sure if EPO has any vitamin A content - some of the ones I took did have it and so I did not load on this supplement. I took HALF of the recommneded dose on the bottle - just to be safe. Again - twinlabs brand. If there EFA experts onm the board please help Beana on this one /images/graemlins/crazy.gif - I am truly an EFA amateur. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

The multi with Iron should be fine and frankly - I'm pretty sure even if you took the B Complex with the dosage you listed AND the 1000mgs. of B5/Pantothenic Acid that you would have no trouble whatsoever. B vitamins are soluable - and don't build up to toxicity levels in your blood like Vitamin A would for instance. They do make me nauseous if I don't take them with food. SO watch out for that too.

You can totally beat see through hair. I thought my hair was naturally thin all these yearts. Imagine my suprise to find that it is FINE but densely packed (like yours) in most places and so thickness shouldn't be much of a problem if my body ha everything it needs and I treat my hair well.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you chicita. And feel free to ask whatever other questions you have. If I miss your post and don't answer, PM me.

beana3

thanks for getting back 2 me so soon! I'm off to duane reade to pick up the twinlab vits, thanks.

BTW i just wanted to know how you were doing in terms of your relaxer search, have you found a brand worthy of sticking with??

adrienne0914

my vitamin regimen is similar to yours, beana. i do take a separate B5 though. i take two 500mg capsules a day. i also take some other stuff that you don't take though. adding a separate B5 would definitely help with the fineness. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

LondonDiva

Adrienne how long have you been taking the B5. I'm going to eventually add this one to my vitamin list, but I don't wanna end up looking like one of Diana Ross's wigs, I've got thick hair, but I'm still not satisfied. /images/graemlins/smile.gif