PAGING TRACY -

JerseyGirl

Since you are the color expert. For the longest, I have been wanting to color my hair but too afraid to do so. My husband, as well as others have always commented on how much I look like Vanessa Williams. But, my hair is brown. I want to get that Vanessa Williams color. Which products and what colors would you recommend. Thanks.

Tracy

Getting Vanessa Williams haircolor involves a lot of coloring JG. If you're afraid - there must be a reason. I don't recommend you color your hair unless you are absolutely postive it's what you want and you are willing to 1.deal with the possibility that it won't come out the way you want it to, that it will be highly damaged or both and 2. baby it EXCESSIVELY even if it does hold up ok.

Having your hair colored is a TON of work when you are also relaxed. You have to take even better care of your hair than most relaxed heads - which is already quite a bit of work and attention. I wash my hair 3 times a week AND rollerset. I stretch my relaxers as long as I can to avoid overprocessing. I deep condition every single time I wash and slather my hair with moisturizers and oils as often as I can. And sometimes it still looks and feels dry.

I remember you posting about getting your hair back in shape. I would hate to be the person to give you the advice that would be your undoing. I'm not saying this because I don't want to give you the advice. But I'm sure you know that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm just hesitant - because you said you've always been scared. That says to me you've never done it before which means neither you nor I have any idea how your hair responds to color. Your hair sounds beautiful. I'd hate for you to lose it.

JerseyGirl

Thanks Tracy.

My hair is getting back into shape. The texture and condition is back to what it use to be. I wash and deep condition my hair twice a week. I have 4 1/2 more inches to go to bra strap length. I am afraid because of the reasons you stated. The most I have ever had done to my hair was a Jazzing rinse even than I was afraid. Until I get up the nerve to color my hair, I will get back to you. Thanks.