Pantene Consipiracy?

sunshyne_krissy

For those of you who use this product I'm sure you know it contains Mineral oil AND petrolatum as one of its main ingredients. Is your hair affected by this? I think it is a set back for women with naturally dry hair for us to invest our money in products that claim they moisturize and condition but all they do is take us back to square one with even dryer hair than before. Like remember when we thought grease was good for our hair? Could I even take it so far to say that it could be a conspiracy? The companys that are supposed to be top of the line has us buying all these products over and over again thinking our hair is "drinking" this stuff up....what are your thoughts/ventalations on this product line and others that claim the like?

http://www.pantene.com/en_US/relaxed_and_natural/images/prodimg_docm.jpghttp://www.pantene.com/en_US/relaxed_and_natural/images/prodimg_docm.jpg

The first THREE Ingredients
Water , Mineral Oil :eek: , Petrolatum:eek:

camellia

Pantene always left my hair feeling coated and nasty. It didn't help with dryness either. My DH has about armpit length straight hair and he loves Pantene, all of the different lines, even Relaxed & Natural! :lachen: He says they're all the same to him.

Angelicus

I like Pantene's conditioners (when rotated with other products). My hair likes products with mineral oil and petroleum in them on ocassion (and I love me some grease!) Proctor & Gamble is all about a dollar. In fact, most american personal care products are all about d'argent. They are going to use cheap, synthetic products so that it can have a long shelf-life. Pantene isn't the only brand that should be hailed.

Why don't you do this (and I am serious): If you believe that this is a conspiracy, BOYCOTT Proctor & gamble, which is the largest product distributor in the world. I am serious... show your frustration by boycotting Pringles, Tide, Dreft... anything made or distributed by P&G. Then get your friends to do it, and their friends, and their friends... You'll have P&G at their knees.

I didn't want to get political on a hair forum, but maybe this your calling, Sunshyne.

as for me, I am going to contine eating my pringles :lick:

mermaid

I like R&N line- the shampoo and conditioner was my staple for EVER- used it every day, and used the conditioner as a leave in.:)

dicapr

Relaxed and Natural products worked when my hair was damaged. I tried the conditioner twice since my hair started "acting right" and each time I was left with a greasy, tangled mess. Maybe they are good for damaged hair, but once the hair is healthy again they don't have any benifit.

andreab

anky said:
I like Pantene's conditioners (when rotated with other products). My hair likes products with mineral oil and petroleum in them on ocassion (and I love me some grease!) Proctor & Gamble is all about a dollar. In fact, most american personal care products are all about d'argent. They are going to use cheap, synthetic products so that it can have a long shelf-life. Pantene isn't the only brand that should be hailed.

Why don't you do this (and I am serious): If you believe that this is a conspiracy, BOYCOTT Proctor & gamble, which is the largest product distributor in the world. I am serious... show your frustration by boycotting Pringles, Tide, Dreft... anything made or distributed by P&G. Then get your friends to do it, and their friends, and their friends... You'll have P&G at their knees.

I didn't want to get political on a hair forum, but maybe this your calling, Sunshyne.

as for me, I am going to contine eating my pringles :lick:

I co sign on this one

My hair likes products with mineral oil and petroleum in them on ocassion (and I love me some grease!)

Sistaslick

yeah, Pantene was one of those lines I abandoned once I actually started caring about hair care. :lol: kinda hard to keep your hair moisturized when your shampoo and conditioner are leaving a film of petrolatum on the strands. :lol: :rofl:

JazzyDez

yeah I had the shampoo and conditioner and the oil cream moisturizer which was the absolute worst and left my hair greasy and sticky with white residue. Needless to say it is in my growing bag of hair products to give away. Although I should probably throw it out instead. :ohwell: Before I started my hair care journey I was thinking its "Pantene" so it has to make quality products. I've since learned to read labels.

Lucia

I'll never ever use Pantene again and I don't like Pringles so I'm cool with sticking it to the MAN @ Procter and Gamble.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I guess I'm an oddball cause my hair loves the new Breakage Defense Line. There is no petroleum in it but it does have cones and my hair needs the cones. I hated their other, older lines. I just decided to try the new one specifically cause the label claimed to help reduce breakage. Eventually I want to find something natural that has similar effects but so far I'm not having much luck......so until then, I'm sticking with it. :)

zoj2

nurseN98 said:
I guess I'm an oddball cause my hair loves the new Breakage Defense Line. There is no petroleum in it but it does have cones and my hair needs the cones. I hated their other, older lines. I just decided to try the new one specifically cause the label claimed to help reduce breakage. Eventually I want to find something natural that has similar effects but so far I'm not having much luck......so until then, I'm sticking with it. :)

I'm going to have to agree with you on that. The R&N Breakage Defense Line has helped my hair, and I'll probably continue to use it.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I used Pantene a lot in the past and loved it. I just recently bought the Hydrating Curls Mask and I really like it so far. For some reason I thought that mineral oils and petroleum that are in condititioners were getting washed away when you rinse. I guess a small amount gets left behind.

curlilocs

I didn't read thorugh this entire thread, but the Pantene R n N Breakage Defense line is formulated without mineral oil or petroleum.

KhandiB

Go Head and Add Me To That Crew :lol:

Pantene R&N actually did good by me, I have no Idea why I stopped using it :lol:

PS... In Walmart you can get a poo for 3.99, but its 7.99 at the Bss.. aint that some BS

andreab said:
I co sign on this one

My hair likes products with mineral oil and petroleum in them on ocassion (and I love me some grease!)

sunshyne_krissy

Thanks to all of you who responded. I didn't realize how many of you really loved the line of products by Pantene R&N...I like the conditioner but its just the leave in "oil conditioner cream" that has my hair dry like nobodies business. I don't know how my hair managed to stay so long as a child when my mom used to put that neon green colored "hair food" in my scalp every day. It was basically all mineral oil. My new regimen has my hair growing almost twice as fast without mineral or petroleum oils. My hair could never be satisfied with such "cheapo" greases any more....We learn each and every day how different we are and how are needs are individual to us.
God bless you all!

Atiramisu

As I kept reading all of the :mad: mad reviews about Pantene, I thought I might have to throw out all of my R&N supplies, but it sounds as if the R&N don't have petrolatum and mineral oil?

sunshyne_krissy

Atiramisu said:
As I kept reading all of the :mad: mad reviews about Pantene, I thought I might have to throw out all of my R&N supplies, but it sounds as if the R&N don't have petrolatum and mineral oil?

I don't know about the rest of the R&N line but for sure the Oil Cream Conditioner/Hairdressing DOES have Mineral Oil and Petroleum as it's first two ingredients. My confusion is why do some people get good results from these two ingredients and others dont? Isn't mineral oil and petrolum supposed to be pore clogging, period? Like baby oil and vaseline...these two things are supposed to be pore cloggers themselves but we still put them on our babys for dry, chapped, ashy skin...lol a mystery I'll never understand I guess...lol

Ayeshia

If they really werre trying to conspire they would guarantee growth like all of the reast of the products that are catered to black women, but they don't. My hair happens to like the "bad" stuff anyway

Ayeshia

sunshyne_krissy said:
I don't know about the rest of the R&N line but for sure the Oil Cream Conditioner/Hairdressing DOES have Mineral Oil and Petroleum as it's first two ingredients. My confusion is why do some people get good results from these two ingredients and others dont? Isn't mineral oil and petrolum supposed to be pore clogging, period? Like baby oil and vaseline...these two things are supposed to be pore cloggers themselves but we still put them on our babys for dry, chapped, ashy skin...lol a mystery I'll never understand I guess...lol

hey shrimp is good for you but it causes death in those that allergic to it :lol:
everything is not for everyone.....

Kalani

Aside from their light leave-in (in the spray bottle), I don't use any more of the Pantene conditioners. They always start out nice but in the end they dry my hair out like crazy just like all the the other mineral oil laden products. Unfortunately, for my wallet, my hair loves higher priced ingredients. :lol:

sunshyne_krissy

Maybe I'll send them a letter about the mineral oil in their oil cream. I could just imagine how much more money I would end up spending if they chose to put natural carier oils and essencial oils in the ingredients..lol:cool: