Pantene Light Spray Conditioner

Tami

Miss Bubblegum
SLIP !! SLIP!! AND MORE SLIP!! I saw this product recommended as a great detangler and decided to try it on my hair. My fine hair gets very tangled and being 9 weeks post relaxer makes it even worse.. After spraying it through my hair the comb just glided my ease with hardly any breakage... I have been using Sta-so-fro but this was hands down even better , well worth the 4 dollars.

luvSLave

I love this too. I also use Sta-Sof-Fro and I wouldn't say either is better, just different. The Sta-Sof-Fro does wonders as a moisturizer for me, while the Pantene is the only product I'll dare use to detangle my hair when its dry.

lthomas1

Hair Power!
I love this product too. It does wonders when you are several weeks post relaxer. I have been using it for a few years now.

lisajames96

Is this a leave-in? How does it make the hair feel when it dries? I have 4a/4b thin hair strands. Oh and does Walmart sell it :D ? TIA

Tami

Miss Bubblegum
lisajames96 said:
Is this a leave-in? How does it make the hair feel when it dries? I have 4a/4b thin hair strands. Oh and does Walmart sell it :D ? TIA

Lisa it is a leave-in. I used it then put my hair into a bun last night, but it still feels quite soft and I have 4a thin strands also. I got mine from Target but I bet Wal-Mart carries it also.

LiLi

Did you use the new formula or the old? The new formula makes my hair feel sticky for some reason and also I can't take the smell of the new formula so I have to find a substitute (so far I've tried 4 different leave-ins and none of them come close). I have three bottles of the old formula but I know they won't last forever :(.

lisajames96

LiLi said:
Did you use the new formula or the old? The new formula makes my hair feel sticky for some reason and also I can't take the smell of the new formula so I have to find a substitute (so far I've tried 4 different leave-ins and none of them come close). I have three bottles of the old formula but I know they won't last forever :(.
:eek: ...ok...how do you tell the difference in the new and old formula? I should have known it couldn't have been that easy...
:cool:

Tami

Miss Bubblegum
LiLi said:

I figure since I just bought it Saturday that it is probably the new formula. I will have to look at the bottle.

LiLi

lisajames96 said:
:eek: ...ok...how do you tell the difference in the new and old formula? I should have known it couldn't have been that easy...
:cool:

The new bottle looks like this:

It will have that yellow amino sign on it. But don't make experience with it discourage you from getting it; you may like the smell and it may not feel the same way to you.

Attachments

• detangle_light_spray.jpg
    detangle_light_spray.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 11

lisajames96

LiLi said:
The new bottle looks like this:

It will have that yellow amino sign on it. But don't make experience with it discourage you from getting it; you may like the smell and it may not feel the same way to you.

Thanks ! And thanks Tami for introducing me to another product...lol..actually it will be my first leave in conditioner i have used in a while. I was using Scurl as my leave in.

LiLi

CatSuga said:
I'll try anything once.

But if this **** sucks I'm coming back up in here! :lachen:

Well I think the new formula, including the new scent, sucks so you might not like it. What happened to 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it???' ... I've been using this stuff for like 10+ years so I have no idea why Pantene had to go and change something that was already perfect (IME). :( GOSH!! (In my best Nepoleon Dynamite voice :lol: )

pink_flower

I hate the new Pantene scent as well. I found old Pantene at Dollar General and did a sniff test! So u may want to check there..

I used this back in HS so I may pick some up in the future.

LiLi

pink_flower said:
I hate the new Pantene scent as well. I found old Pantene at Dollar General and did a sniff test! So u may want to check there..

I used this back in HS so I may pick some up in the future.

I'm glad someone other than me doesn't like the new scent. Thank you for telling me about the old version being at dollar general!

Victorian

old head
I've never used the new formula but when my hair was relaxed before my LHCF days I used the pantene spray leave-in for YEARS. That was my main styling product every morning. Dampen hair with spray, pull back in a ponytail. It was like second nature. I used to love the smell and it always detangled well and left my hair smooth. I wonder what made them change the forumula... :confused: Too bad it seems to have gotten worse...

Another one I used for a while and really liked was Aussie Hair Insurance. It's also a liquid leave-in.

LiqueXX

LiLi said:

I do not like the new formula at all, it makes my hair hard. I have not tried to look for the old formula (still have the new one collecting dust).