Pantene Pro-V Smooth and Sleek.....

sweetcocoa

I've been using this for a while as a leave-in mixed sometimes with PM SuperCharged when I air dry(it's too heavy for me... personally... as a leave in when I wetset). I've used it alone as a rinse out and as a deep conditioning treatment. Today I used it as a deep conditioning treatment with olive oil(under the dryer for 20 minutes). I have found this conditioner is great alone and used in combination with other conditioners. I get really great slip and it is the best detangler I've used to date. I am so glad Valleygirl recommended this. It's cheap and available anywhere. I highly recommend this...no internet or alot of money needed. /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif

beana3

i used it as a leave in last night, and i must say it released an lot of serious tangles and knots in my hair. I diluted it so that the consisitency was very runny, but not quite watery and applied it directly to the knotted parts. Then i waiting for a few mins and began to untangle (very little hair lost) and sprayed with some Arosci (im trying to use it up since i dont like it one its own) for added combing ease.
This whole process takes forever, but i really needed to do it if i'm going to relaxe my hair soon. The S&S is nopt something i'll be using every week, but it works wonders as a detangling aid!!! thanks for the rec

LondonDiva

You know what I HATE the Pantene smooth & sleek. It doesn't sound like it has the consisteny that you US ladies describe. I'm wondering if the product is different in terms of the way it's made over here in the UK Pantene factory.

You know, kinda like how Coca Cola is Coca Cola but the UK cola tastes different (and nasty compared) to the US cola. You catch my drift?

Crysdon

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
You know, kinda like how Coca Cola is Coca Cola but the UK cola tastes different (and nasty compared) to the US cola. You catch my drift?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to hijack this post...but, if the product has the same recipe shouldn't it taste (or work) the same?

LondonDiva

It should, but it doesn't always work like that. The method of putting that product together may differ from country to country. Even US McDonalds, kfc tastes different. Oh boy now I'm hungry.

carrie

I just started using this last week and I am LOVING it. I used it as both a regular and deep conditioner. Maybe I'll try it as a leave in too!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I am glad you are enjoying this product.

Everyone, i have noticed that just about all of the pantene conditioners have the EXACT same ingredients in the EXACT same order. (I have the DMR). What does this mean? Are they all the same conditioner with different names?

NAY007

i love some of the products of the pantene line. they are great and very detangling. i always buy the american product. however when i was in cancun i bought it there too and it was the same. but i know what londondiva means that products (or food) can be different in different countries.

sweetcocoa

LondonDiva said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly what you mean. When I went to Jamaica we stopped at KFC and McDonalds...both seemed different than here in the states. As soon as we got back the first thing I wanted to do was stop at MickeyD's. Of course once we were back for awhile...it once again moved further down my lists of places to eat. /images/graemlins/fallenangel.gif

Allandra

Hey Carrie, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I'm glad you like the Pantene Smooth &amp; Sleek. I love it. It does a wonderful job at detangling my hair. This is definitely a keeper for me. I'm on my second bottle. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

churchlady

The pantene smooth and sleek is the worst conditioner I've used in a long time. I saw were some women on this board liked it , so while in target, I saw that they had the shampoo with a small bottle of the conditioner on sale for $3.13.
I purchased them and could not wait to get home to try it. After washing and conditioning my hair with the products, I could not get a wide tooth come through my hair it was so tangled, I had to rinse my hair again with a dominican cream rinse that I had-and was not going to use again, thank God I did not throw it out. Smooth and sleek will be returned to target ASAP.

sweetcocoa

Allandra said:
I have never used any of Pantene's shampoos. I've read that they are very drying.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm with you on this one. I've used their shampoos in the past and they made my hair hard. I was surprised I liked the conditioner...as for the shampoos...I'll pass.

Integrity

LondonDiva said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I catch your drift! I loved the McChicken sandwich in Paris!! Very nice and spicy! /images/graemlins/lick.gif

LondonDiva

pandora said:

I catch your drift! I loved the McChicken sandwich in Paris!! Very nice and spicy! /images/graemlins/lick.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO @ Pandora

Churchlady I'm sorry the S&amp;S never worked out for you. I thought it was crap as well. I had no problem tossing that one in the bin at all.

Leigh

I find that I like their shampoo and conditioner combo (2 in 1) or the conditioner. I did purchase the smooth in sleek when it 1st came out and lost the shampoo ( I don't know how). But I loved the conditioner and have been meaning to get some more.

Leigh