Pantene Pro V

MuseofTroy

Hey Ladies,

This my first post although I've been lurking on LHCF for years now (I know I'm so bad) Anyway I was wondering if anyone besides myself absolutely loves pantene pro V's products. For my daily hair care regimen I started using their products pretty exclusively in addition to Elasta QP mango butter. My stylist even commented on how well conditioned my hair was and when I told her I use Pantene Pro V products she seemed pretty surprised. I started using the restoratives line and absolutely love how well it conditions my hair. However I hear so many bad things about pantene regarding black hair. What are some of your experiences with Pantene Pro V?

dlewis

My mother uses the orginal Pantene that she loves for her BSL hair and she believe it's helped her gain length and well as her hair just looks great. I've tried a bottle of it and hated it. So it did not work for me.

mkh_77

I love the Smooth and Sleek conditioner so much that I've been buying 4 of the big containers each month at Costco for over two years. My hair is natural and is in great shape. I also use the leave-in conditioner spray everyday on my wet hair.

I love the relaxed and natural line as an everyday type shampoo/conditioner -it has lots of slip and leaves my hair feeling very soft. Also, one day I was complimenting a friend of mine's hair on how healthy, bouncy and shiny it was. I asked her what she was doing and the first thing she started talking about was Pantene R and N. However, when I tried it on my daughter's natural hair it seemed to leave a kind of greasy film on it.

OT: I've been meaning to say this for a while but Dlewis your hair looks looks luscious, all glistening and stuff!!! If it's dyed, please let me know what brand it is. I want that same glossiness when I dye my hair black in a few months.

Last edited:

BLESSED1

I had nothing but good experiences with it, except for the relaxed & natural line. I use pantend hydrating curls as a leave-in, makes my curls pop