"Pantene Relaxed and Natural for Women of Color"

Jade21

\"Pantene Relaxed and Natural for Women of Color\"

Ladies,

I wondered what this product was like in your area. I live in Northern Virginia...Arlington to be exact and I was at a local mall this past weekend. I saw these products on the shelves at two stores and was very surprised. This is what I mean.

First, I went to a Target in search of Fruit Fusions Hydrating because it was supposed to be on sale...it was not. Anyway, I saw the shelf area where these new Pantene products were supposed to be and the only thing left was some type of oil sheen spray. Everything else was GONE! So, I was like...mmm...I wonder if people have been snatching these things because about 1/4 of shelf space which was huge had been devoted to them.

Next, I cruise over to Shoppers Food Club/Warehouse and notice that their hair section has expanded two-fold. Plenty of Fruit Fusions at at great discounted price, so I am happy. Anyway, right above the Clairol products is a HUGE section devoted to these Pantene products. I look at the label and see the title as Pantene Relaxed and Natural for Women of Color" and it's written in both Spanish and English. The other thing is that Shoppers has a HEFTY supply.

What has the outlook been in your area of the country?

Let me know...

~Jade~

Re: \"Pantene Relaxed and Natural for Women of Color\"

Hi Jade,
I have not seen any here yet, but I'll keep looking it's probably "premiering" soon. I'm really curious to see if they changed their formula from the originals b/c I'm not a Pantene fan.
Have you tried Garnier Nutrisse-Fruit deep conditioner and shampoo?
I might try them but Biolage and Aubrey work for me so why change.

Hey, Lucia!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Have you tried Garnier Nutrisse-Fruit deep conditioner and shampoo?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not tried these. I"ve seen those green bottles and wondered. I knew I couldn't try the shampoo because of the amonium laureth/lauryl sulfate (realized that's what made my scalp go off), but the ingredients in the conditioner looked quite good.

If you try them, definitely post about them
grin.gif

~Jade~

I've seen this line of products in a few stores in my area. Sometimes the shelves seem low (or darn near gone). I haven't run into any of the stores in my area where the products are fully stocked. They must be selling well here in my area, but you never know.

Re: \"Pantene Relaxed and Natural for Women of Colo

I am in the Dallas, Texas area. The displays I have seen have not been as large as it sounds like yours (the ones you've seen) are. In fact, if I were not looking for them, I probably wouldn't have even noticed them.

Anyway, I like the Pantene line and have tried all of the products except the shampoo from the R&amp;N line. My favorite would be the wrap lotion. It is really the same as their light spray detangler, but has coconut and jojoba oils added. I use it to refresh my hair after a workout if I'm not washing it that day.

The conditioner is very creamy and rather heavy. I like the Daily Moisture Renewal better.

The oil moisturizer is good too. I really like how my hair dries when I use it on wet hair.

As far as the oil sheen goes--I've used better.

HTH...

I saw this product today in Winn-Dixie (a supermarket chain) and immediately wondered if anyone on this board had tried it. The store had shampoo, conditioner and 2 or 3 other prodcts in the line as well.

Has anyone on this board tried it as yet?

Jade21 said:
Ladies,

I live in Northern Virginia...Arlington to be ~Jade~

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought you lived in ireland. is your profile origin_location the wrong way round?

Jade21, I noticed the same thing! I went into targets yesterday and the whole line was near gone, I snatched up the last wrap znd set lotion, and oil cream moitsturizer! So far i love the oil moisturizer, it has a few ingredients many members hhere are wary of, but its is sooo detangling and pleasant on my hair, i'll definetely repurchase.
I didn't buy the condit b/c it was more expensive than the smooth and sleek
ohwell.gif
, and i add olive oil to the S&amp;S anyway.

I really hope that you ladies have not been sucked in by these people trying to jump on the bandwagon on making money out of us
confused.gif

These products have the same ingredient as the originals with just afew oils here and there that our down the list of ingredients.
Why is it that a white company obviously hasn't done any reasearch into us wants to sell us products with petroleum and Mineral Oil in them?

I see them trying to get in on the billion dollar scheme that is US.

Why are we so quick to buy these things just because its aimed at us to make us beautiful and we are the ones that are so quick to beleive that its gonna work for our hair.

I urge you to read the ingredients.

ChocolateCutee said:
I really hope that you ladies have not been sucked in by these people trying to jump on the bandwagon on making money out of us
confused.gif

These products have the same ingredient as the originals with just afew oils here and there that our down the list of ingredients.
Why is it that a white company obviously hasn't done any reasearch into us wants to sell us products with petroleum and Mineral Oil in them?

Why are we so quick to buy these things just because its aimed at us to make us beautiful and we are the ones that are so quick to beleive that its gonna work for our hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand you frustrations, however I AM an active ingredient reader and I have noticed the few differences in the products. for me its a matter of experimentation. I actaually like mineral oil
blush.gif
in my daily hairdressing. Plus $3.60 for 10oz of oil moisturizer is a good price for ANY product IMO.

I dont think the ladies here believe the hype behind the product line, but rather we juts wat to try it out as most of us are PJs anyway!

In my area The Target has a section devoted to the line and so does the Food Lion, I cant remember any other places but they always look low on the products, I myself have picked up the oil moisturiser and the wrap and set lotion only to put it right back on the shelf...lol

I am still debating whether or not to get the wrap and set lotion though
drunk.gif

The Ukrops in my area displayed the products the day they officially came out. I bought them and liked them. A couple of weeks later Walmart displayed them. They were the same price as all the other Pantene products.

I personally love the line. My frustration occured when I saw the products last weekend. The other Pantene shampoo's and conditioners underwent a price reduction ($3.44 now $3.2?). The Relaxed and Natural line is no longer $3.44, it is now ($3.83) at Walmart (I'm not sure about Target; Ukrops has the same price). It has a couple of oils in it but all the other ingredients are the same as the Smooth and Sleek. The other thing I noticed is that the Wrap Lotion is the same as 2 of the Conditioning Spray's and heat protectant. It just has a couple of oils in it. The good thing is that the price of those are identical. Now there is one leave in that has castor oil in it, I don't remember which one right off; it is the only leave in that has a different formulation.

Leigh

[/ QUOTE ]

Pantene is a bit scandalous... I like a few of their products, but they are basically 20 different packages that contain the same 3 formulas.
naughty.gif
Pantene takes advantage of everyone --black and white. But they are above average drugstore products and I love the "Pantene smell".
lick.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cutee,

We're way ahead of ya! We've actually got a few threads about this already
smile.gif

I saw these products in Target this weekend.

What Pantene product is like the Oil Moisturizer from the "Relaxed" line?

I was tempted to buy it, but I have enough moisturizers in my stash already.

What Pantene product is like the Oil Moisturizer from the "Relaxed" line?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pantene doesn't make anything else like this product that I'm aware of. Judging by the ingredients, the oil moisturizer is similar to Luster's Pink Oil or Moisture Max. I'm tempted to try it. I've been having good results with Dudley's PCA Moisture Retainer which lists petrolatum as the 4th ingredient. Dudley's is $13 and Pantene is $5...
scratchchin.gif

i cnt belive this but non of the shops over here seem to carry the pantene for women of colour!! am i missin something??
confused.gif

I guess I'm not that enthusiastic about going out and purchasing this line for 2 reasons.
1.They already have(similar) products that works just as well on my hair.
2.I also am wary of companies who for the most part have really not paid a lot of attention to women of color.... but then try to tap in on the market when they see we are willing to spend the money. Where were they 10 years ago....as a matter of fact where were they 1 year ago,if they were so interested selling products geared towards the black community? That is why I still buy my makeup from Fashion Fair. Years ago, you couldn't find any makeup for my skin tone from Cover Girl or Revlon. But Fashion Fair, Ultra Sheen, Flori Roberts(to name a few) were and still are there and I intend to keep on supporting them for that very reason.

UmSumayyah said:
I didn't know Ultra Sheen made face makeup.

[/ QUOTE ]
Girl, I am 'dating' myself....that was a long time ago...the same time Soul Train first started airing...LOL!
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

I found them and read the backs of everything, I do think they ar eon the right track, but I still saw alcohols in them and sodium lauryl sulfate, but they are using some natural ingredients and oils but I'm not a Pantene fan I'll give them thy're props for tryining but I don't think they have "got it" yet IMO.
ohwell.gif

I haven't tried anything from their new line yet, but I LOVE the Smooth and Sleek for detangling(thanks to whoever suggested that one). I just wanted to comment on the ads for the product. I love the hairstyles feautured on the two women. I was thinking about getting something similar to the relaxed style, I'm just not sure if I want to commit to bangs.

I want it! but, I am away at college and is really isn't an african american part of texas. So, none of the products are here
confused.gif

I live in Texas too and in my town they carry it at Tom Thumb and at CVS Pharmacy.

Back