Pantene Relaxed and Natural...

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I haven't seen it in stores yet, but the conditioner and the oil moisturizer sound good... I was worried that they were going to be the same old Pantene products in different packages, but that may not be the case.

"...Its unique formulas address the dry hair needs of women of color by blending the best of the brand's traditional Pro-Vitamin technology (to provide strength) with the essential oils such as jojoba seed oil and coconut oil (to provide hydration) to help seal in moisture and keep hair soft and manageable...."

Pantene Press Release

Allandra

Hmmmmm..... The Pantene Pro-V Relaxed & Natural Intensive Moisturizing Conditioner sounds good. Now I wonder if it's gonna be better than the Pantene Smooth & Sleek Conditioner. /images/graemlins/look.gif

- Pantene Pro-V Relaxed & Natural Intensive Moisturizing Conditioner utilizes deep moisturizing ingredients to deliver superior detangling benefits against the leading competition. The unique formula works at the critical moment -- as you condition your hair in the sink or shower -- to seal in moisture and insulate every hair strand for easier combing with reduced frizz and breakage. Its advanced formula penetrates deep down to deliver conditioning ingredients to the dry/damaged areas where it is needed most to help seal in moisture and keep hair strong, healthy and shiny.

Allandra

Oh, no wonder I haven't seen it in stores yet.

The Pantene Pro-V Relaxed & Natural collection is available nationwide at drug stores, food stores and mass merchandisers beginning in March 2003.

daviine

Okay Pantene. I'm not familiar with jojoba seed oil... I've heard of jojoa and jojoba nut but okay......and coconut oil is not an essential oil...... /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
You know I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and they said that the products had already began shipping out to the stores. I'm thinking they should have it by now...I look for it everytime I go into a store:)

Allandra

I searched for this line last night. No luck yet. I'll be out and about today for a little while. So, I'm going to search again.

ngaa

i gess it aint reached the uk yet coz i was in a couple of drug-stores today and none of them had even heard it...i really really hope that it does wot it claims to /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

EbonyF

In my Walmart, I saw this line and it was NOT in the ethnic section. SO maybe that can give you guys an idea where it is at.

It was where the regular Pantene line was. And it is NOT hard to miss. It is in a BROWN bottle. Yes, a BROWN bottle. Very easy to see amongst the white bottles.

hth's.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I saw it at a Super Wal-Mart and it was in the ethnic section. According to Pantene, though, it is supposed to be next to the other Pantene products. Anyway, all they had was the oil sheen and the wrap lotion. I was alittle irritated because those are not the first products I want to try from the line. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

UmSumayyah

Someone on another board saw the new pantenes for aa hair in the store, read the ingredients and said it contains an Ammonium Sulfate. this is the worst sulfate, right? What's up with that?

Titansgirl

Okay ladies, I saw the new line in our super walmart here in tenn. They had the wrap lotion, the moisturizing creme, and the intensive moisturizing conditioner. Being the PJ that I am /images/graemlins/smile.gif, I bought the intensive moisturizing conditioner and used it last night! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I couldn't tell any difference between this product and the Smooth and Sleek? /images/graemlins/confused.gif I never use any heat w/ my rinse out conditioner, but I probably should have used heat w/ this product; since it states that it is an intensive conditioner. The creme moisturizer had mineral oil as it's second ingredient, and petroleum as it's third ingredient. /images/graemlins/blush.gif I stayed away from that one /images/graemlins/whip.gif

Allandra

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Titansgirl said:
Okay ladies, I saw the new line in our super walmart here in tenn. They had the wrap lotion, the moisturizing creme, and the intensive moisturizing conditioner. Being the PJ that I am /images/graemlins/smile.gif, I bought the intensive moisturizing conditioner and used it last night! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I couldn't tell any difference between this product and the Smooth and Sleek? /images/graemlins/confused.gif I never use any heat w/ my rinse out conditioner, but I probably should have used heat w/ this product; since it states that it is an intensive conditioner. The creme moisturizer had mineral oil as it's second ingredient, and petroleum as it's third ingredient. /images/graemlins/blush.gif I stayed away from that one /images/graemlins/whip.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I heard that the only difference in this and the Smooth &amp; Sleek is that the one for AA contain jojoba and coconut oils. After finding that out, I'm just going to stick with my good ole Smooth &amp; Sleek.

VALLEYGIRL

I heard that the only difference in this and the Smooth &amp; Sleek is that the one for AA contain jojoba and coconut oils. After finding that out, I'm just going to stick with my good ole Smooth &amp; Sleek.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah me too! I figured they would do this.
Companies like Proctor and Gamble and Loreal are good for putting products out with the exact same or very similar ingredients and just marketing them differently. I guess P&amp;G realizes there is money to be made in the 'ethnic' market so they come out with the Realxed and Natural line. I guess it is good way of getting the consumer who would never have tried the Smooth and Sleek or other Pantenes products b/c they thought it was for'white' hair only.

Aren't you ladies glad we know how to read and compare ingredients? It pays to be informed these days.

ngaa

skegeesmb said:
I haven't seen it yet. I'm waiting patiently. /images/graemlins/look.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

impatiently waitin too for this product to hit the uk...

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Allandra

VALLEYGIRL said:
I guess it is good way of getting the consumer who would never have tried the Smooth and Sleek or other Pantenes products b/c they thought it was for'white' hair only.

Aren't you ladies glad we know how to read and compare ingredients? It pays to be informed these days.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeap, you're so right. The ones that don't know will probably buy it and really love it. Yes, it does pay to be informed. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

VALLEYGIRL

Ok I lied...today I saw it in Kmart and I got the shampoo and conditioner, the wrap and set lotion and the oil moisturizer. Nothing special about the ingredients but I am such a PJ I just had to try them...they were pretty cheap too. $3.84 for each product.

I will report back after I try them!!!

Titansgirl

Okay, Valleygirl, you know you're funny, right? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I don't blame you. I figured why not buy it? I'm enjoying the smooth and sleek; therefore, I should get an extra kick out of the relaxed intensive moisturizing conditioner(really smooth and sleek w/ extra oils(jojoba 7th ingredient &amp; coconut 8th ingredient) With all of this being said, I will buy the relaxed conditioner from now on. It gives the same results as the smooth and sleek conditioner w/ oils for our dry hair. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Lady_Z

This is my first time posting so forgive me if it doesn't come out right!!
Anyway, I decided to make the big leap and come out of hiding (lurk mode) to post my review on the Pantene Wrap and Set Lotion for Rel. &amp; Nat. Hair. IT IS THE BOMB /images/graemlins/shocked.gif My hair has never had such a good slip to it with any other product I have used (and I have used a great deal - I'm a PJ in recovery!!) BUT i did do a relaxer last night, and after a relaxer my hair is always easy to comb. But after I washed out the conditioner I was a bit worried my hair would be tangled, I added the Pantene and my hair felt soooo good, I was surprised. And it looks great today.
I haven't tried the rest of the line but after using this product I will be making the investment (I now have to find space in my overflowing closet /images/graemlins/blush.gif)

VALLEYGIRL

OK I tried them: the shampoo, conditioner, wrap and set and the oil moisturizer lotion.
I will admit I was a tad bit apprehensive about using the shampoo b/c the 2nd ingredient is petroleum but it wasn't too bad. I feel like it got my hair clean. My hair was nice and dirty b/c I hadn't washed it in two days and I just did conditioner rinses for the past 4 days. But my hair didn't feel stripped but not overly moisturized either.
The conditioner...well I also couldn't tell any big difference from the Smooth and Sleek either. It was just as good. I also used the 'brush' when my hair was loaded with conditioner...the brush that is discussed in Tracee Ellis Ross routine ( I will go over that later) My hair was detangled and not a lot of hair lost in the brush at all.

When I got out of the shower I sprayed with the wrap and set and then applied the Oil Moisturising lotion over my hair. I am letting it dry now without my usual combo of products.
Like Lady Z said the wrap and set lotion is very very nice. I will probably use it for a roller set and see how it works. It is conditioning and gives nice slip. The oil moisturizer is just like Moisture Max in my opinion. Petroleum and mineral oil based products really dont do anything for my hair. I even put some on my ends last night before I went to bed and this morning they felt coated and hard the way they usually do when I would apply a Pink Oil or something like that. If your hair likes stuff like Pink Oil or Maisture Max then this may work for you. It is light and not greasy at all but doesn't work for my hair. It also has a very mild smell..not overpowering either. Maybe it will be good for blowdrying. My curl activator is better for moisture in my hair.
The only thing I will probably buy again from this line is the Wrap and Set if I like how my roller set turns out. I am going to stick with the Smooth and Sleek like I originally said. I don't really feel the benefits of the jojoba and the coconut oil in the conditioner at this time.
Overall this new line from Pantene is nothing innovative...just plain and simple marketing to gain a new segment of consumers. Not bad products but nothing that you can't find in your drugstore.

Integrity

Allandra said:
Hmmmmm..... The Pantene Pro-V Relaxed &amp; Natural Intensive Moisturizing Conditioner sounds good. Now I wonder if it's gonna be better than the Pantene Smooth &amp; Sleek Conditioner. /images/graemlins/look.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yes and no. i love to use the smooth and sleek for roller sets (excellent). last time i mixed it with loads of oils and i got the most wonderful, conditioned rollersets ever! i love the way smooth and sleek acts almost like a setting lotion. i think if the new line is more expensive you are better off adding your own oils and mixing it.

azul11

so then what was the point of this all. just to have another segment of the market to profit from. i am all for seeing an opportunity and trying to market but what is the point if the ingredients are no different then from the regular stuff? is the price higher or lower? i know i am going to sound mean but i just dont see how all of sudden pantene discovered this untapped market for people of color and i am assuming they spent time researching for what was best for the hair but to only come up with two or three added ingredients that could really make a difference. something about that doesnt sit well with me. i know many companies do this where they come out with a line especially for relaxed hair and yet it is no better than the original version. are they just preying on our naviety? is this priced higher than the regular pantene? God bless you all.