Pantyhose Ponytail Revealed! LOL

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I'm just posting this thread because I've gotten a few questions on what pantyhose ponytails are and how to do them. I sent these pics today to someone in PMland who wanted to know. I figured I'd also share the pics with the ladies who may be interested in wearing pantyhose ponytails instead of ponytail holders and satin scrunchies. I use opaque stockings instead of sheer panythose because they are more durable and they shrink back into place (pretty much- on the first 2 or 3 uses) after you take them out so they can be reused. This is copied and pasted:

I just took some pics so you can see what I'm talking about. I'm at work, so please excuse my cubicle :lol:
This is a piece cut from the portion of the hose closest to the foot. It's stretched a bit because this is the one I wore on my ptail today. (I cut it so that it's about 3 inches wide)
another view of it. I just picked it up with my hand like I would a ponytail holder.
My lil bun I'm wearing today :lol:
I hope these are clear. This is what the hose looks like while in your hair whether you bun it or wear your ponytail out, you can't tell that it's pantyhose. You just wrap the hose around your hair like you would a ponytail holder. You would keep wrapping until it's as tight as you like it to be. I use the lower legs of the pantyhose (or use a kneehigh) because it's a smaller piece and you won't have to wrap it around a lot. Also, from one cheap $.99 pair of opaque stockings, you can get lots of ponytail holders doing it this way AND they are reusable if you wish. I just use one until it's too stretched out, then I cut off another piece to use. Let me know if you have any other questions. I hope this helps anyone who wanted to know. :yep:

what is this used for? is it supposed to be less damaging?
Yes, it doesn't pull your hair out like ptail holders. For me, it seems like the only silk scrunchies I find are big ones and that looks so 1987. Another lady on here told me about it and I've been lovin' it and doing my ptails this way ever since.

HAIRapy! OT - you still need a beating for not meeting up in Philly yet! :grin:

Anyways, I too do the stocking ponytail holder. I think I got it from Chichello (sp?) fotki. Compared to other holders, I don't much hair at all if any most times.

P.S. I am sooooooo mad that you are doing this while at work! LOL :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

HAIRapy! OT - you still need a beating for not meeting up in Philly yet! :grin:

Anyways, I too do the stocking ponytail holder. I think I got it from Chichello (sp?) fotki. Compared to other holders, I don't much hair at all if any most times.

P.S. I am sooooooo mad that you are doing this while at work! LOL :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
:lol: Yall don't never meet up when I can come. What ever happened to that 2nd meetup date, huh?? :lol: I swear I wanna meet up with yall one of these days. About the at work part... well... it's Friday :spinning::rofl:

Back