Past shoulder length hump

ginabuglol

My hair is past shoulder (maybe a 1/2in) length but I feel like I've been stuck at this length for awhile. What are something you guys did to get past this hump..I really want to get to armpit length

I thinking of doing a 6 months wig protective style. I don't know what else to do..because just bunning isn't working

ginabuglol

The only thing with wigs. Is that I'm a college athlete, and I practice or do some form of running everyday. I wore a wig for a month and it was really uncomfortable to to play in..Sew-in make my hair really itchy...

How can i wear the wig and still play. or its something ill have to get use to

AtlantaJJ

I'm hiding my hair until I am full APL. I wear my hair up in buns, and I wrap my bun with Marley braid hair that looks like my my hair texture. I'm able to workout with this hair style.

A nice phony pony like the UPA clip might be helpful too. Working out in a wig is the worse! :nono:

Last edited:

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
pre_medicalrulz what's the regimen for the wigs? How often do you keep it on, how often do you shampoo?

ItsMeFre
I only wear my wigs when I leave the house. I deep condition every week for at least 2 hours. I have box plaits or two side plaits underneath the wigs that stay in for a week and then DC again.

ginabuglol
I mentioned wigs because you mentioned wigs. LOL! If you are into sports that much then any other PS could work. Try buns. Same thing with what FoxxyLocs said. :)

Evolving78

roller sets and bunning got me over the hump. basically, keeping your hair off of your shoulders. weekly deep conditioning, dusting your ends, and keeping it moisturized. main thing is keep it off of your shoulders.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i hid my hair for 6 months under a wig using two ponytails. and for another 6 months in a weave. so basically i did a no/low manipulation regi for a year to cross over to apl.

JassyMo

I'm hiding my hair until I am full APL. I wear my hair up in buns, and I wrap my bun with Marley braid hair that looks like my my hair texture. I'm able to workout with this hair style.

A nice phony pony like the UPA clip might be helpful too. Working out in a wig is the worse! :nono:

I'm doing the same thing, I tried the marley hair and it was too thick and kinky so I used the $1/ $2 yaky hair and it worked out fine. There's alot of youtube videos for this bunning styles as well. The phony pony is awesome to here's a pic of mine.

Attachments

• 417046_529538903742421_1333742652_n.jpg
    417046_529538903742421_1333742652_n.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 30