Patchy Thin spots n nape

Krymsonkween

I was lookin @ my hair 2dy n I hv Noticed 2 thin shot patchy spots along w/ a very thin nape. My hair is already fine n wen I leave it down it looks thin bcause the nape has broken off. Wen I colored 1/2010 then relaxed 30 days lter I had wat I thought was shedding now I c it was breakin also my edges r gettin thiner, but d top n crown r growin. Wat cn I do. I am thinkin of going 2 dr. I hate I ever coloredM. Help me. I am washin 1x-2x per week, dc wkly, protein 1x mthly, mtg daily n moisturize daily seal w/ mango shea butter. Do I jus need 2 wat 4 my hair 2 repair cause of bleaching? I am thinkin of cuttin n going natural n sept.

lboogie2679

OP do you self-relax? When you apply the relaxer do you start at the nape? I had this same problem and I didn't realize that the hair in the back is actually a finer texture than the crown. Maybe going forward you can give your hair less processing time to help curb the breakage. I only touch up in the back every other relaxer. I now texturize my fine hair and touch up in the back every other relaxer.

locabouthair

Are you sure that the relaxer is being rinsed out properly? Many women get breakage from the nape because it's the hardest area to rinse out because it often sits on the shampoo bowl. When my nape fell out it was because of that.