Paul Mitchell "The Conditioner" - Help me salvage it

toinette

Tricking the president
I bought a huge bottle of this and I'm not too crazy about it. But i dont want to throw it out cause i still spent around 20 bucks on it. Is there any way that I can salvage this product? I recently BCed and am wearing a wig and plan to get braids in sometime next week. Could i maybe mix this with some water and oil and use it as a moisturizer for my braids? would that cause too much buildup? Any suggestions from ladies familiar with this product would be appreciated

I bought a huge bottle of this and I'm not too crazy about it. But i dont want to throw it out cause i still spent around 20 bucks on it. Is there any way that I can salvage this product? I recently BCed and am wearing a wig and plan to get braids in sometime next week. Could i maybe mix this with some water and oil and use it as a moisturizer for my braids? would that cause too much buildup? Any suggestions from ladies familiar with this product would be appreciated

maybe you can swap it?

I didn't like it alone. I mixed it with a protein leave in conditioner and it was perfect. I also learned with this product that I have to apply it lightly since it's so thick. I had to do the same with my Giovanni Direct.

I'd add some EVOO to it, I used some left over conditioner can't remember the brand I just didn't like it cause it was so blah so I added some EVOO and a lil bit of mahabhingraj and shikakai oil (drops really) and my hair came out really soft, it even upped the effects of my Aveda DR Intensive treatment (the best!)

how are you using it? i've found it doesn't work if you try to airdry with it. it will make the hair hard and crispy. it works like a dream in my experience with heat. if that doesn't work, you can swap it as someone suggested.

I'm dealing with the same thing, I don't know if you have the Super Skinny formula too but, I hate it, but I don't want to through it away b/c it was $25, and that was Walmart price.

I'd add some EVOO to it, I used some left over conditioner can't remember the brand I just didn't like it cause it was so blah so I added some EVOO and a lil bit of mahabhingraj and shikakai oil (drops really) and my hair came out really soft, it even upped the effects of my Aveda DR Intensive treatment (the best!)

Definitely agree. I just started using the rest of it for cowashing, adding EVOO, and EVCO and immediately following up with Mixed Chicks leave in, then EVCO mixed with melted shea butter then style to sleep (bantu knots or twists).

how are you using it? i've found it doesn't work if you try to airdry with it. it will make the hair hard and crispy. it works like a dream in my experience with heat. if that doesn't work, you can swap it as someone suggested.

Good to know. Thanks! Never tried this but would like to one day.

You could always use it as a base for a leave in like the "kimma..." leave in. Add your aloe vera juice, jojoba and castor oil.

Pretty much. This has been my experience with it too. It worked best for me when I sealed it with some castor oil. This used to be one of my sole leave-ins when I first went natural (after using up Giovanni Direct), but I never used it by itself. I always sealed with castor oil and my hair was defined yet soft.

Back