Pentagon WILL began court martialing soldiers sharing the Christian faith with others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Successfulmiss

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/05/01/Breaking-Pentagon-Confirms-Will-Court-Martial-Soldiers-Who-Share-Christian-Faith

The Pentagon has released a statement confirming that soldiers could be prosecuted for promoting their faith: "Religious proselytization is not permitted within the Department of Defense...Court martials and non-judicial punishments are decided on a case-by-case basis...”.

:nono:

So glad God confirmed for me to leave the military last year! He loves His people! He spoke to my husband to leave too April 11th!:yep:

Last edited:

Successfulmiss

Re: Pentagon WILL began court martialing soldiers sharing the Christian faith with ot

(From our earlier report: Weinstein is the head of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, and says Christians--including chaplains--sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in the military are guilty of “treason,” and of committing an act of “spiritual rape” as serious a crime as “sexual assault.” He also asserted that Christians sharing their faith in the military are “enemies of the Constitution.”)

Nice & Wavy

Re: Pentagon WILL began court martialing soldiers sharing the Christian faith with ot

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/05/01/Breaking-Pentagon-Confirms-Will-Court-Martial-Soldiers-Who-Share-Christian-Faith

The Pentagon has released a statement confirming that soldiers could be prosecuted for promoting their faith: "Religious proselytization is not permitted within the Department of Defense...Court martials and non-judicial punishments are decided on a case-by-case basis...”.

So glad God confirmed for me to leave the military last year! He loves His people! He spoke to my husband to leave too April 11th!:yep:
First, thank you so much for sharing this important information :love3:

Now, people think the things that are happening to Christians is a joke....:nono::nono:. It's time for Christians to know for sure that they can stand in the face of adversity and persecution and proclaim that Jesus Christ is Lord! This is only going to get worse.:nono::nono::nono:

Successfulmiss

First take away "DON'T ASK DON'T TELL"...then apply this? Homogenization of the military like we all spoke about before!

Successfulmiss

Nice & Wavy Your welcome sweetie:yep:. This is outrageous and yes it is going to get worse:nono:. Thank you God for your divine protection!

Nice & Wavy

First take away "DON'T ASK DON'T TELL"...then apply this? Homogenization of the military like we all spoke about before!
Exactly! I'm glad you are out of the military too! :bighug:

Nice & Wavy

@Nice & Wavy Your welcome sweetie:yep:. This is outrageous and yes it is going to get worse:nono:. Thank you God for your divine protection!
The world will see how the enemy will turn on them and they will run to the Church...we won't be here, the Lord would have taken us to be with Him...Hallelujah!

This is why Christians proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We are called to do it to help those who don't know. There will be people who will see Jesus Christ crack the clouds and still won't want any part of Him.

Jesus said this in Matthew 24:

As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

4 And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray. 5 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you dare not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are but the beginning of the birth pains.

9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. 12 And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But the one who endures to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

The Abomination of Desolation

15 “So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let the one who is on the housetop not go down to take what is in his house, 18 and let the one who is in the field not turn back to take his cloak. 19 And alas for women who are pregnant and for those who are nursing infants in those days! 20 Pray that your flight may not be in winter or on a Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be. 22 And if those days had not been cut short, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short. 23 Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand. 26 So, if they say to you, ‘Look, he is in the wilderness,’ do not go out. If they say, ‘Look, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28 Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.

The Coming of the Son of Man

29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

The Lesson of the Fig Tree

32 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts out its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, cat the very gates. 34 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.

No One Knows That Day and Hour

36 “But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only. 37 For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, 39 and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Then two men will be in the field; one will be taken and one left. 41 Two women will be grinding oat the mill; one will be taken and one left. 42 Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. 43 But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and would not have let his house be broken into.
44 Therefore you also must be tready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.
45 “Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom his master has set over his household, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes. 47 Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions. 48 But if that wicked servant says to himself, ‘My master is delayed,’ 49 and begins to beat his fellow servants and eats and drinks with drunkards, 50 the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know 51 and will cut him in pieces and put him with the hypocrites. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Angelicus

I am speechless. Well The Lord said I'd be persecuted... *grabs armour of God and stands in "teseudo" formation*

JaneBond007

I don't know if I'd trust the journalistic integrity of "breitbart." They've been guilty of lacking in integrity in the past. In fact, searching for this story, I find no left-leaning or neutral news sources. You'd think it would make it into the more neutral Christian Science Monitor, CNN, MSNBC, PBS, BBC etc. Fox News is very right-wing, as we all know and all those other right-wing blogs and news sources follow suit with Breitbart.

I will continue to monitor more mainstream sources for this news and take this slanted piece with a grain of salt. Something this big would make it to all the mainstream news outlets as it infringes upon constitutional rights. I'd like to read any original statement issued by the Pentagon myself.

Last edited:

momi

I don't know if I'd trust the journalistic integrity of "breitbart." They've been guilty of lacking in integrity in the past. In fact, searching for this story, I find no left-leaning or neutral news sources. You'd think it would make it into the Christian Science Monitor. Fox News is very right-wing, as we all know. Breitbart is as well. I will continue to find more mainstream sources for this news and take this slanted piece with a grain of salt. Something this big would make it to all the mainstream news outlets as it infringes upon the constitution.

I was unable to find any "mainstream" sources either which is why I was reluctant to post it on my personal site. However - the media is known for biased and selective reporting. It was quite sometime before they even acknowledged the Gosnell case.

JaneBond007

I'm still looking for mainstream sources, even on the Pentagon's site. Charisma is pentecostal-related news source. If you look at all those reporting this "story," most of them are definitely right-wing. So far, I haven't seen anything on catholic news sources either. This might be a manipulative piece. The fact that some secular sites like sodahead has it doesn't mean it's true. Some of these sites will report any story that allegedly points to negatives in our government. I'm just going to wait on spreading that until I have further mainstream sources.

Did anyone mention who released the statement in particular? It would seem ridiculous to have chaplains of several faiths and prevent them from discussing it ...offering services?

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

I will ask some pastor friends about it who can get some inside info. Will let you all know once I find out. Thanks for the heads up.

JaneBond007

I checked CBN...not yet...and will be watching CNN now to see if something comes up. Maybe Aljazeera and BBC because they are very comprehensive.

About proselytization...sharing the gospel is not proselytization. The latter goes against one's free choice and human dignity. If this is true, would they be talking about those who attempt to force conversions?

Successfulmiss

I found info on this just last week while watching Christian television. This information just broke this afternoon. I expect it to be more mainstream soon. Also has anyone checked the FB site Family Resource Center? https://www.facebook.com/familyresearchcouncil

The Lt. General (Ret) published a statement concerning these events. I am a Veteran of 5 years to the Army. Do you think I didn't hear and see what was going on while I was in? I allow God to have a perfect work in me by His grace. While I choose not to be offended, this should not be a doubt-able story. If not now, then we all would have seen this happening in the future. There is not real surprise here.

Successfulmiss

Senior Pentagon officials recently met with anti-Christian activists to formulate a policy that would put military chaplains and other leaders who "promote their personal religious beliefs to their subordinates or to extend preferential treatment for any religion" in danger of court-martial.

If this policy goes forward, Christians within the military who speak of their faith could now be prosecuted as enemies of the state. Please join us in calling on Secretary of Defense Hagel to protect the religious freedom of our troops - and not to proceed with the purge of religion within the ranks:

http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=PT13D02&f=AL13D07

This also includes Priests, Ministers and Rabbis. They make up the majority of military Chaplains. I am sharing this in love, not to upset anyone. The Bible say we need to watch and pray and I am watching too. Matt 26:41:yep:

Last edited:

JaneBond007

I found info on this just last week while watching Christian television. This information just broke this afternoon. I expect it to be more mainstream soon. Also has anyone checked the FB site Family Resource Center? https://www.facebook.com/familyresearchcouncil

The Lt. General (Ret) published a statement concerning these events. I am a Veteran of 5 years to the Army. Do you think I didn't hear and see what was going on while I was in? I allow God to have a perfect work in me by His grace. While I choose not to be offended, this should not be a doubt-able story. If not now, then we all would have seen this happening in the future. There is not real surprise here.

But wait, sis, no offense is needed to be taken. It's about verifying the story...any news story. Although I am not in the services, I am surrounded by family that is and am just as interested in knowing the source of the info.

Regarding a walk with Christ, we should all remain humble and your spirituality is not in question for me. I'm still attempting to verify this thing. It would be a very big story for the catholic community and I'm just as ready to pass it on when I get that verification. My only doubt is the source of the sites passing it on. They have been horrible during the past 2 elections and have generated manipulative stories replete with 1/2 truths to push their rightist and racist agenda. That is my great concern. I believe we are all watchful but even with that, veracity should be no. 1. Please don't take offense that Breitbart.com was questioned.

Nice & Wavy

Ok, I think I may have something...read this:

The Military Religious Freedom Foundation is calling on the Air Force to enforce a regulation that they believe calls for the court martial of any service member caught proselytizing.

President Mikey Weinstein and others from his organization met privately with Pentagon officials on April 23. He said U.S. troops who proselytize are guilty of sedition and treason and should be punished – by the hundreds if necessary – to stave off what he called a “tidal wave of fundamentalists.”

“Someone needs to be punished for this,” Weinstein told Fox News. “Until the Air Force or Army or Navy or Marine Corps punishes a member of the military for unconstitutional religious proselytizing and oppression, we will never have the ability to stop this horrible, horrendous, dehumanizing behavior.”
Here is The Military Religious Freedom Foundation website that speaks about the Pentagon court martials:
http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org/press-releases/2013/WAPost_TARA_4-26-13.html

And here is where they spoke about court martial:
  • After demands from Weinstein, the Air Forced published, but has yet to distribute, a 27- page document, which includes a cover sheet that states: "COMPLIANCE WITH THIS PUBLICATION IS MANDATORY." "Leaders at all levels, "the document says, "must avoid the actual or apparent use of their position to promote their personal religious beliefs to their subordinates or to extend preferential treatment for any religion." It even suggested that noncompliance could result in court-martial.

According to Weinstein, this has not been backed up.

"You need half a dozen court-martials real quick," Wilson said. Meanwhile, the complaints continue.
  • At the meeting at the Pentagon, according to Weinstein, Air Force Lt. Gen. Richard C. Harding said the instruction booklet, scheduled to be released in a few weeks as a blue pamphlet, will be a panacea to all religious issues.

Weinstein's reaction? "I said that I don't want to hear about blue books. What is stopping Secretary Hagel from putting out a letter that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated? Where are the commanders? And [an announcement] that the moment someone goes against the ruling they will immediately be court-martialed?"

• The meeting ended on a positive note, according to Weinstein. "I said, 'What is needed gentlemen, is leadership.'"

Which brings us back to Hagel telling that group (The Military Religious Freedom) that they would always "have a friend in the secretary of defense."

Prove it.
So, the DOD has met with these people and there is something in writing, but hasn't been distributed yet...so naturally, it won't be in mainstream news.

Interesting and will be watching for what transpires for sure.

Nice & Wavy

It is important to find other sources, as I did in my posts above, so I do appreciate JaneBond007 seeking out other information and sharing it. We will watch and pray :love3:

JaneBond007

I try to remain balanced and I will have to come back later to finish reading this thread...but to me, the key word is "proselytizing." It's not right to do that to anybody. But ....I need more of his proofs and complaints on HOW....because introducing "treason" to anybody who "SHARED" the faith. Hmmm...that could be for anybody, muslims, Jews, christians, Ba'hai's? Just about anybody. This dood has a lot of influence...smh.

-----------------

You know what's interesting, he's labeled the "antagonizer of christianity" or so. I've done a little reading on his organization:

"St. Martins Press in New York released Mikey’s book, “With God On Our Side: One Man’s War Against an Evangelical Coup in America’s Military” in October 2006. The paperback version was released in February 2008 with the Foreword being written by Ambassador Joseph Wilson IV. The book is an expose on the systemic problem of religious intolerance throughout the United States armed forces. At this time, Mikey also made his international film debut in the Hollywood adaptation of James Carroll’s New York Times best selling book detailing the 2,000 year bloody history between the Church and the Jews, entitled “Constantine’s Sword”, and directed by Oscar nominee Oren Jacoby."

It would be interesting to note what the intolerances would be that he's indicating in his book because he could have some valid complaints. I've never read it. They used the term "proselytize" and that's coercion. What is the extent of religious intolerance of other faiths?

Thing is, you have chaplains in the armed services. They're there. Proselytizing differs from mention or interest another has in your religion. As Weinstein is Jewish (who do not proselytize), I'm interested to know how other faiths are marginalized. Are people not promoted? Are prayers opened up in Jesus' name and etc.? I'd need more conclusive background on the troubles he's fighting against to be able to form an educated opinion on this. But one thing seems absolutely stupid..."treason?" That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. And how far would it go, not to offer spiritual direction to the adherents of the chaplain's faith somehow?

JaneBond007

Successfulmiss

Could you or anybody else in the military give us a rundown for how religion is used, promoted as done today? Also, either he's just a big dog barking or somebody is about to take off his leash and accommodate him. I'm for equality but this would definitely backfire to all faiths. They would go after anybody within their community who sought spiritual direction...I'm sure of it. Don't force...but don't prohibit...they are human soldiers, not toy soldiers.

Nice & Wavy

What the world calls "proselytizing" is what Jesus told His disciples to do:

And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.” 19 So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God. 20 And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by accompanying signs.
When we go out into the world, that includes everywhere we go, we are to proclaim/preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. When people say that Christians are cramming the Word down peoples throat, what they are saying is that they don't want to hear the Word of God, which is the Truth and when people share the Gospel, its Truth in Action.

This man wants to have his way....AT ALL COSTS! He is an enemy of Christ, but he has to make it look as though its not just 'Christians' he is after so he's throwing in the Jews, etc. Trust...these people will not stop with just 'Treason' or 'Court Martial'...they will go all the way until all Christians be stopped, not just in the armed forces.

Whoever wants to hear the Gospel, will listen and be interested and whoever does not want to hear, can walk away. NO ONE FORCES THE GOSPEL ON ANYONE, unless its some kind of cult practice, which we all know are NOT Christian.

I evangelize a lot and I get all kinds of hateful words thrown at me, and this is from people I'm not even talking to. It's not easy doing what the Lord calls for you to do, but obedience is better than sacrifice.

When we become Born Again, we deny ourselves, pick up the cross, and follow Jesus. My life is no longer my own, and so I have to expect the good to come from witnessing the Gospel and the bad that comes from those who despise it. I don't take it personal because its not about me, even though satan wants it to be.

We will see what's going to happen with this, but...just knowing that the DOD has been speaking to a organization like this reveals much...:nono:

Being a Christian in these times are dangerous, whether you are preaching about Jesus Christ or not...people who know you are a Christian will come after you with hatred in their eyes....I experience it all the time.

But, Jesus said that if they persecuted Him, they will persecute us too....BUT, WE HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD!

I look forward to being with Jesus on that day and so persecution may come now for a short time, but JOY comes in the morning!!!

Successfulmiss

:yep:Thank you all for your input, every single one of you is important to me and I know we all pray for one another here; so I will be praying about this and come back. Im glad this thread wasn't ignored!

Nice & Wavy

:yep:Thank you all for your input, every single one of you is important to me and I know we all pray for one another here; so I will be praying about this and come back. Im glad this thread wasn't ignored!
:rosebud::rosebud::rosebud:

JaneBond007

I'm attempting to approach this from a quasi legal perspective. I wish lawyers would chime in.

What I'm saying is spreading the gospel isn't FORCING the gospel. Sharing is not proselytizing and this is the key word he's used. I'd like his examples of when and how people who are not christians are being proselytized because he could have a valid point in that. Everyone's faith is to be respected. But proselytization differs from sharing the gospel. It involves bad intent, rudeness, coarseness, assumptions, force, even violence and destroys another's free will and human dignity. JPII spoke openly about this in an encyclical, I believe. @Galadriel can correct me if that is not accurate it was in an encyclical.

So, in essence, it's his wording that is of value. What those chaplains and other servicemen/women do just speaking on their faith (again, regarding intent and keeping in mind the free will of another with respect) or giving spiritual direction doesn't equate with the violence of proselytization. It's funny, he probably wants to outlaw "G-d," "Jesus," "HaShem," and "Allah" etc. from the services entirely. How the mention of G-d is attempting to overthrow the government or insurrection against established order is weird, unless one outlawed the speaking of the name of G-d as well as declaring Him an enemy of the government. Makes no sense. But he's trying hard and it was born out of people trying to force him to be a christian, which was wrong in the first place. Seriously overkill, though.

As far as proselytizing, that's one thing. But how are they lumping living your faith (which it will definitely come to) and giving spiritual direction to another within your faith, even speaking gently about your faith equated to proselytization and what has happened to infringe upon the rights of another? And then to say it's sedition and treason? If I were that rabbi, I'd alienate myself wholly from him.

Last edited:

momi

To be honest I do not doubt this story at all. I just know that when I post it public ally I will need to make sure I can back it up... People do not want to believe Christian persecution will take place so resistance will be strong. It brings to mind the testimony of an army man (high ranking) that said special forces were being trained to detain and kill American citizens.

I will admit that things seem to be ramping up pretty fast. I will continue to keep us all in prayer - especially those who are currently serving in our armed forces. Maranatha!

Nice & Wavy

I'm attempting to approach this from a quasi legal perspective. I wish lawyers would chime in.

What I'm saying is spreading the gospel isn't FORCING the gospel. Sharing is not proselytizing and this is the key word he's used. I'd like his examples of when and how people who are not christians are being proselytized because he could have a valid point in that. Everyone's faith is to be respected. But proselytization differs from sharing the gospel. It involves bad intent, rudeness, coarseness, assumptions, force, even violence and destroys another's free will and human dignity. JPII spoke openly about this in an encyclical, I believe. @Galadriel can correct me if that is not accurate it was in an encyclical.

So, in essence, it's his wording that is of value. What those chaplains and other servicemen/women do just speaking on their faith (again, regarding intent and keeping in mind the free will of another with respect) or giving spiritual direction doesn't equate with the violence of proselytization. It's funny, he probably wants to outlaw "G-d," "Jesus," "HaShem," and "Allah" etc. from the services entirely. How the mention of G-d is attempting to overthrow the government or insurrection against established order is weird, unless one outlawed the speaking of the name of G-d as well as declaring Him an enemy of the government. Makes no sense. But he's trying hard and it was born out of people trying to force him to be a christian, which was wrong in the first place. Seriously overkill, though.

As far as proselytizing, that's one thing.
But how are they lumping living your faith (which it will definitely come to) and giving spiritual direction to another within your faith, even speaking gently about your faith equated to proselytization and what has happened to infringe upon the rights of another? And then to say it's sedition and treason?
If I were that rabbi, I'd alienate myself wholly from him.
And what I bolded is what I meant when I said that they will consider this proselytizing, even though there are very few who behave in a bad way who proclaim to be Christians, most Christians do not behave this way...but, they will clump "Christians" in the same boat. They want nothing more than to stop the Gospel. This is satan's plan and if he can get the government to stop it completely, he will....and this is only the beginning.

As Christians, we can't get caught up in the rhetoric of the world...we must be steadfast and press toward the mark of the high-calling in Christ Jesus.

For Hagel to have this on the top of his list when there are many other things going on with security in this Country, says something...and its loud and clear:

STOP THE CHRISTIANS AT ALL COST!

Status
Not open for further replies.