People suffering from setbacks?

I know how you ladies feel, I had a setback and had to trim 2 1/2 inches. I had finally gotten past shoulder length and now I am above it again. :mad: I am just going to try and keep consistent and alternate between rollersets and buns.

Happy Hair Growing. :)

After my Mizani Lye relaxer fiasco I just wanted to shave it off!!! I went from 2 inches below bra strap to 2 inches below shoulders. Before getting braided up in June I had my braider trim my hair to where it was healthy and I lost so much length. Now 7 months later I'm not back to normal but I can see progress. Just be patient....everybody has set backs but healthy hair is the goal and it takes time

I am suffering from the effects of major breakage and a cut happy stylist. I really want to get to brastrap but now I am thinking maybe I should just be happy with healthy shoulder length.

Just hang in there! I personally have had MANY set backs over the years from jacked up haircuts (multiple), stress breakage, and heat damage issues with my natural hair earlier on. The key is to overcome and learn from each setback, stay positive, and be PATIENT. Patience will allow you to see your goal down the road. Don't let those setbacks allow you to give up! There are so many people here that have experienced the same issues as each of you and have come out successful. You will be successful too!

I just cut off my near bra-length length hair to shoulderlength in December due to damage from texturizer days, everyone has setbacks i went from waistlength all the way to shoulder because i kept cutting off damage from texturizing over the years. Now i can say my hair is the healthiest since having a relaxer instead of texturizing and i don't get a lot breakage like i used too. Be encouraged it will grow.....

Same here. Started with SL hair in 2005. In December 2006 I cut my APL+ hair back to SL. Some of us have a longer hair journey than others. :ohwell:

*~Cayenne~*

Maybe you need time away from the board. Give yourself a break. Try not to think about your hair (which is difficult to do). And leave your hair alone. More importantly, try not to compare your hair to others. Remember, we all have different hair. You're just going to remain miserable if you engulf yourself with how others' hair is progressing in length and health. And you know what? Length isn't everything! As much as we all want longer hair on this board, it doesn't mean it's the best thing to have known to man.

I've had a couple of setbacks in my journey to long hair... once when I was relaxed and once when I was natural.
When I was relaxed, I had taken Accutane in 2003 and my hair started shedding excessively and looked very thin. So I decided to cut it to chin length. I wanted to grow it back so bad. Then I found LHCF in 2004. I saw all these albums with beautiful heads of long hair. I really really really wanted it.
When I first went natural, I did the Big Chop May 1, 2005 and decided to let my mom press my hair with a hot stove comb. It permanently straightened my 3-4 inches of natural hair. So I shaved it all off to less than 1/2 an inch. Going natural has lessen my desire for long hair even though I still want more length. It's just not worth stressing over it. Now, I'm pretty much happy with my natural hair and enjoying every phase it goes through.

So HAVE FUN! Look at hair albums as INSPIRATION, not as a comparison to your hair. Hope that helps!

*~Poohbear~*

Back